Offensive dead weight

reiks12

I think it depends on our managements reading of Yermin's head.  Right now he is clearly pressing/confused/slumping.  I don't think he is injured.  I would send him down to clear his head.  He has now slumped for about six weeks.  Maybe Sheets can come back up and get some playing time and allow some options when you rest players.  As a DH only, Yermin doesn't offer that ability.

17 hours ago, ron883 said:

He better step it up then, and soon. If not, his ass will be DFA'd real quick

I couldn't disagree with you more, ron.

AV was thrown directly into the fire, missing the frying pan altogether.

He has handled the situation quite well, never mind the options.

He has earned a much longer leash than you are giving.

On 6/15/2021 at 9:52 AM, raBBit said:

Mercedes needs to lose his automatic entry into the lineup. Lamb needs to play everyday against righties. Collins needs to get more consistent ABs.

vs. RHP

R SS Anderson
L CF Goodwin
S 3B Moncada
R 1B/DH Abreu
S C/1B/DH Grandal
L DH/RF Lamb
R LF Vaughn
L RF/DH Eaton/Collins 
R 2B Mendick

vs. LHP

R SS Anderson
R DH Mercedes
S 3B Moncada
R 1B Abreu
S  C Grandal
R LF Vaughn
R CF Engel
S RF Garcia
R 2B Mendick

I like most of this and especially Mercedes losing his automatic entry into the lineup.  However, Engel is our best all-around outfielder at this point and should be the everyday centerfielder IMO.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, poppysox said:

I like most of this and especially Mercedes losing his automatic entry into the lineup.  However, Engel is our best all-around outfielder at this point and should be the everyday centerfielder IMO.

Yes.  I think Engel will be playing every day once he ramps back up more.  I’m sure they have scheduled rest for him built in.  

Pretty sure it’s clear to our coaching staff and FO he’s the best OF available on the roster now, ahead of Goodwin Hamilton and Eaton. 

2 hours ago, poppysox said:

I don't disagree. Based off yesterday though, TLR basically said they're still babying Engel. He can't play day-after-night as of now. For me, he starts every single game against lefties. Every other game against righties or something like that is probably the best course.

OF vs. RHP - Should be 3 of Vaughn/Engel/Lamb/Goodwin. If Eaton can get healthy and return to April form he obviously can quickly get a place there. No more Leury/Mendick in the outfield against RHP with our current roster construction. If Engel can basically play everyday in July I would like this lineup:

SS - Anderson
RF - Goodwin/Lamb
3B - Moncada
1B/DH - Abreu
C/1B/DH - Grandal
DH/C - Lamb/Collins
LF - Vaughn/Lamb
CF - Engel/Goodwin
2B - Mendick/Garcia

To me, you pencil in Anderson, Moncada, Abreu and Grandal in the 1, 3, 4 & 5 spots. Grandal should be in the lineup everyday without Eloy. Whether that be catching, 1B or DH. For now, I think you play Lamb against RHP everyday and Mendick should have 2B 5/6 games of 7. Main point - less Leury and Mercedes and more Lamb and Collins.

OF vs. LHP - Vaughn and Engel in LF and CF in permanent marker. RF is a crap shoot. Leury might be our best option for the time being. 

Edited by raBBit

23 hours ago, Bossanoveralls said:

I couldn't disagree with you more, ron.

AV was thrown directly into the fire, missing the frying pan altogether.

He has handled the situation quite well, never mind the options.

He has earned a much longer leash than you are giving.

Mercedes was literally traded for nothing for being uncoachable and it’s laughable that Sox fans put Mercedes and Vaughn on the same level talent wise or equal standing with the organization 

Edited by Greydawgfan1