Sign sign Reliver Vic Darensbourg

RibbieRubarb

I meant: "SOX sign RELIEVER Vic Darensbourg" :bang

I need to stop typing with boxing gloves

LATEST NEWS - January 17 - Previous News

White Sox signed LHP Vic Darensbourg to a minor league contract and invited him to spring training. Darensbourg allowed eight earned runs in nine innings while pitching for the Rockies and Expos last season. He has very little chance of making the White Sox. Damaso Marte and Kelly Wunsch will the team's two lefty relievers, and if one of the gets hurt, Arnaldo Munoz would be the top candidate to step in.

from Rotoworld.com

Vic is lighting up the Dominican League with a 1.93 era in a little over 4 innings.

Darensbourg, Vic      0- 0 1.93 5  0  0 0  0 4.2 2 1 1  0  1 0 4  0  .000

I'm glad he's doing well down there, but I don't really care what they do somewhere else, cause it's not the majors, and the hitters are more disapline here as far as batting eye. He still seems that he is working hard to get that bullpen job in our bullpen.

Another lefty in case Wunsch gets hurt like last year.

You know that THEY say, "you can never have enough pitching and left handed pitching to be exact." Just hope he doesn't continue to give up a run an inning. Any sign he is working hard and improving is good news.

Vic Darensbourg Signs a Minor League Contract

By Jason Gage

FutureSox.com

A few days after inking Robert Person to a minor league deal, the Sox jumped right back into the scrap heap hoping to find another sleeper and signed Vic Darensbourg to a minor league deal. Darensbourg, 33, appeared in 9 games with the Montreal Expos and Colorado Rockies last season.

Darensbourg struggled and posted an 8.00 ERA last season. During the early stages of his career, Darensbourg appeared in no less than 56 games during four consecutive seasons with the Marlins while putting up solid numbers. His last respectable season came in 2001, when he went 1-2 with a 4.25 ERA in 58 games for the Florida Marlins.

Darensbourg's most likely destination will be Charlotte, with Kelly Wunsch and Damaso Marte locked in as the two lefties in the White Sox bullpen. Darensburg will likely compete for the final slot in the Charlotte pen. Dave Sanders and Arnie Munoz will be the favorites from the left-hand side, with Matt Ginter, Jon Rauch, and Jason Grilli as the favorites from the right.