July 2004 Quotes of the Month

And Baggio gets things rolling, this from the "So this is Ozzie Ball" thread after the sad, sad weekend on the wrong side of town:

hopefully ozzie just needs a little more experience...check his stats more... take a lesson from tony larussa...the anti - ozzie...the best decision manager ive ever seen..and maybe the worst relationship manager ive ever seen...if we could combine their strengths we have the best manager ever..if we combined their weaknesses we'd get terry bevington  :D

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!

NOT TERRY BEVINGTON?????????!!!!! My toilet flushed TP manages better then that.

Oh sorry. This should probably get posted in the real thread, but I'm too lazy to find it right now.

Apparently a slow month for quotable SoxTalk. Start swinging those bats, People!

Here's one, hopefully to break us out of the slump...

Aboz started a thread in SLaP about "Passion" actor James Cazievel (sp?) being repeatedly mistaken for the real Jesus while in Mexico. To which CrimsonWeltall replies:

These are the same people who see Jesus in a tortilla and Mary in the knot of a tree every other week.

:headbang

"And the categories for this round... 'Really Dirty Dancing,' 'Getting Hammered,' 'Having Only One Wife,' 'Those Other Tabernacle Choirs,' and 'How whacked was Joseph Smith?'..."

FlaSoxxJim on how the Jeopardy people are going to get rid of the 27 day champ, a Mormon.

The three response reply by 3 posters, in response to Chip Caray's "BELTED":

Chip Caray: "BELTED!"

Response 1: "And caught"

Response 2: "In the infield"

Response 3: "By the catcher"

:lol:

"Earthquake Swallows Up Jermaine Dye, Allowing Game-Winning Hit To Drop"

"In other news, Sox Acquire Everett, Deal Him To SF For Bonds, Schmidt"

"Giants GM Committed To Mental Hospital After Questionable Trade"

"Sox GM Williams Hospitalized With Stomach Cramps, Uncontrollable Laughter Blamed"

The_Critic, predicting the headlines for after the finale of the A's series.

With just a couple days left to go before the non-waver funny post deadline, Wong and Owens reveals how he found SoxTalk on the "How dod you hear of Soxtalk" thread...

I did a Google search for "Penis Enlargement Pumps," and was directed to Texsox's personal website. I checked out his "cool links" section, and here I am.

From the Warm Sensations Condom Thread:

EvilJester99

I once tried that lickable heat activated "Love Lotion" The more you breath on it the hotter it gets.... Problem is when you have it on your lips you tend to breath on it ALOT and it gets f***ing hot as hell.

KnuckleSox1

Lucky Basterds

hammerhead johnson

I hate condoms. It's almost like taking a shower with your socks on.

:lolhitting

From Kapkomet

BTW,

Best line of the DNC:

"But you know the old saying: you win some, you lose some. And then there's that little-known third category."

Al Gore 7/26/04