a prediction

hi8is

Brando fan, I agree with you, but I think the package of prospects we would have to give up is a little off. We can't trade Gio yet anyways, can't in the first year you have a guy. They would want 2 studs minumum, so my guess would be Borchard, Rauch or Munoz, and Anderson at a bare minimum. Even when Sheets goes to arbitration he isn't suddenly going to get $12 mil, he would go from making next to nothing to maybe $8 mil tops. That's not going to kill a team. They don't have anyone else they need to pay anyways.

I want Ben Sheets as much as the next guy...

but I also want Curt Schilling. I have to realize that neither guy is going to come here. Sheets is too young and too good. He's got 2 years left of arbitration (meaning, 1 more year of arbitration after his contract is up, I believe. He's signed through 05, right?).

Meanwhile, there will be a riot in the Brewer County if they give away Sheets for anything less than, say, Borchard, Honel, Gio Gonzalez and Bajenaru. There are 25 teams out there who would LOVE to have him.

God Damn, that's a f***ing lot for Ben Sheets, he's good but not that good.

its been really quiet around the sox world after we aquired garcia.... to me that means that KW is talkin to a lot of people and something will go down within the next week or two.... im gonna go out on a limb and say that KW makes 3 trades before the deadline and at least one of them comes before the next 14 days is up

my god KW is going to be active before the trade deadline, WHAT A PREDICTION.

my god KW is going to be active before the trade deadline, WHAT A PREDICTION.

there was a little more then just that to the post, why do people have to be such assholes here sometimes

i guess no matter where u go, there are always gonna be jerks

there was a little more then just that to the post, why do people have to be such assholes here sometimes

i guess no matter where u go, there are always gonna be jerks

I think he was being sarcastic... :ph34r:

When the Sheets rumor first hit, I thought there might be a slight possibility. But he has been so damned awesome since then that I just can't see the Brewers moving him. Then, what Steff said at the time, in my mind, negated any hopes I had of us acquiring Sheets.

Just like Johnson, it ain't happening.