Message board friends...

Steff

This other board I visit - of which it's pretty tight like this one where many people know eachother off the board, but people are more spread out across the country - this morning about 3am a regular poster posted a message that was just "help". There are a few "sluths" there and they were right on it. The police and paramedics were called and it turns out that the poster suffered a stroke right there at her computer and could not move.

Amazing story. I never would have believed it had I not been a part of that community.

No real point here.. just thought I'd share the story.

Wow.  That is pretty wild.  Did they say that they were having problems, or people just knew?

She just typed "help" and 3 or 4 of the posters who had her phone number called her house and got no answer. They could see that she was still on line, so they called the police.

Freaky stuff...

Wow... that's awesome - hopefully things got caught fast enough that the person has a better recovery.

The information of those that called the police was given to her daughter and I guess her daughter called a couple of them to thank them and said she is having tests done, but is responsive. An amazing story indeed.

Wow, amazing story.  Good news that she got help and appears to be doing alright. 

I could see myself posting for help...and then alex responding with something along the lines of, oh s***, he's about to blow up the board :lol:

Nah, I'd make a crack that you were going out on a date or something.... :)