*Official* College Basketball Thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, ESPN owns the rights to these games and has yet to sell them.

this is from fightingillini.com, and i quote

Thu 12/30/2004 Northwestern State Las Vegas FOX Sports Net Chicago 6 p.m. CT

Listen

Fri 12/31/2004 Cincinnati Las Vegas FOX Sports Net Chicago 7 p.m. CT

Listen

Illinois plays Mizzou on ESPN2 Wednesday at 7pm. And guess what Steve, i'll be there again :P .

I know it was Valpo, but we played really solid (unlike against Chicago St), and shot the ball real well. Longwood vs Illinois might honestly be the biggest mismatch of the year in college basketball, that won't be a great game to watch.

I also got to shake Ron Zook's hand and briefly talk to him, which was sweet. He was introduced as coach at the game yesterday. He was loving the Chief at halftime and he said to me "Hey how about this?" about our basketball team at halftime. He was a huge fan of the school spirit, even for a break game.

What/who's Longwood. :)

Soem team who is in its first year in D1, will not win another game al season, and should easily dethrone Ark-PB as dead last in the RPI, killing our RPI in the process.

I don't think you meant to get a real answer, but I'm so mad that we had to schedule them I gave you one anyway.

Soem team who is in its first year in D1, will not win another game al season, and should easily dethrone Ark-PB as dead last in the RPI, killing our RPI in the process.

I don't think you meant to get a real answer, but I'm so mad that we had to schedule them I gave you one anyway.

It wasn't Illinois' fault...they signed on to be part of that Las Vegas Classic and Longwood is a part of that tournament, as is Cincy and NW State.

Yeah, i didn't see the game, but being up by 15 at half and losing to Mizzou is really, really bad.

I keep telling everyone Davis sucks...

It was ridiculous. I've been trying to support Davis for awhile, as everyone has seen. I read his quotes after the game saying that we started playing like we played not to lose instead of playing to win. I've defended Davis, but that's just an excuse, and a lame one at that. We shouldn't have blown that game. We needed that.

Alford's a jackass

That is total BS. I knew the guy personally for 3 years in college. Steve Alford is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet in person. He would give you the shirt off of his back. He is a great family man who married his high school sweetheart, and was in charge of Manchester College's chapter of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes.

That is total BS.  I knew the guy personally for 3 years in college.  Steve Alford is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet in person.  He would give you the shirt off of his back.  He is a great family man who married his high school sweetheart, and was in charge of Manchester College's chapter of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes.

Is that not the clinical definition of "jackass"?

That is total BS.  I knew the guy personally for 3 years in college.  Steve Alford is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet in person.  He would give you the shirt off of his back.  He is a great family man who married his high school sweetheart, and was in charge of Manchester College's chapter of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes.

I call him that for his b****ing about Krush. Alford's a joke

Line is down to 17 now...

We'll be up by that much at some point, i would think...but garbage time, as usual, will make the final score look "prettier" than it should have been. Oh well, i love any game where i can watch Freddy play.

and pruitt :ph34r:

:headshake