Does KW read Soxtalk?

Loaiza21

I tell ya what.

If Kenny had to read a fan message-board for inspiration, we are all in a lot of trouble.

He's a professional general manager; if I was JR and I caught Kenny reading Soxtalk, I'd fire him on the spot.

EDIT: Williams does not need to seek fan approval before making a move. Rest assured, Kenny has never logged onto Soxtalk.

Sorry for the backlash L21. No hard feelings. :cheers

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 04:57 PM)
I tell ya what. 

If Kenny had to read a fan message-board for inspiration, we are all in a lot of trouble.

He's a professional general manager; if I was JR and I caught Kenny reading Soxtalk, I'd fire him on the spot.

Oh come on. The Red Sox owner reads and actually posts on SoSH.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 12:09 PM)
KW I doubt.  There are players who check out the site, I know that for a fact.  If I had to guess, I wouldn't be surprised if the PR dept keeps an eye on us and WSI.  I would be willing to bet if anything interesting gets said, it does get passed up the ladder though.

Did you say "Eye?"

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 11:09 AM)
KW I doubt.  There are players who check out the site, I know that for a fact.  If I had to guess, I wouldn't be surprised if the PR dept keeps an eye on us and WSI.  I would be willing to bet if anything interesting gets said, it does get passed up the ladder though.

I certainly believe some of the local newspaper columnists read us.

I bet he's peeked in every once in awhile...to see fan support or backlash. I'm sure he hasn't posted, but I would give it 80% he has checked it out. C'mon, people in power have egos and want to know public opinion, no matter what they say to the media.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 11:36 AM)
I certainly believe some of the local newspaper columnists read us.

Most subjects are so obvious. I don't think anyone here is reading WSI for post ideas and vice versa. Most writers are reading their peer group and networking within the industry. I doubt they are basing their careers on fan boy sites. With the hundreds of posts, you could find a post on any column idea.

Don't be too sure of that Tex...some information can come up on this site or WSI that they may not be aware of, most specifically I'm relating to the minor league info.

However, there is a lot of other stuff that comes up. They can get a lot of takes and ideas or just perspective of how the fans feel prior to writing an article. They can definately get ideas too.

If KW does not, then he should.

While he is a professional GM, that does not make him a statician, or give him personal knowledge that some of the people on these boards possess.

There is an old saying in business, if you want the truth, you go to the lowest person on the rung.

If the White Sox organization wanted to see other perspectives, the best place to do it with no cost to themselves would be these websites.

For $0 they can get first hand knowledge of prospects from guys like Rex Hudler, they can get stats from others, and so on and so forth.

Being a pro Gm is not like being a CPA, Dr., lawyer, etc. There is no degree, no special skills required.

If I owned a team, I would read these sites every day. For the hour it takes, I would be getting an invaluable way of connecting to my customer, to find out their concerns and what they like, etc.

::Shrugs::

Just my opinion.

So to answer the question, I believe that not only has KW read this site, but that probably all the way from Reinsdorf down has, so long as they own a computer and have the internet.

SB

I know alot of people have tons of time on their hands with boring jobs, not going outside, being in school etc, but KW does not have the time to read posts on a message board. DO you really think he would value a kid's opinion on who should start at 2b. Because im sure there are alot of people on this site who are not of legal age, and have only a few years of watching the game of baseball under their belts. Even people who are "important" daily posters on this site do not have a single ounce of relevance in the daily workings of the white sox organization. Lets not kid ourselves here, its just a message board.

Babybear,

I gaurantee you that KW's job is not nearly as demanding as some of the people who post on this site regularly.

My opinion, but being a GM is once again not rocket science. It requires no diploma, not even a high school education. In fact, Hawk Harrelson was once able to be one.

And many people on this board would make a much better GM than Williams, and some person on this board may be the best GM ever.

Who knows, but if you dont take the time to read and listen to other people, than you will never know.

::shrugs::

And a quick question, what job do you do that requires you not to find out about your customer?

SB