What would you rather have?

$5 or WNBA championship  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

• WNBA Championship in your city
    • Five Bucks

Its a difference. If I were wealthy...hell no I wouldn't even consider it. I know I said I'd take the World Series and I love the Sox like no other but I'd at least have to consider it (being I'm just out of college and starting off). At the same time I have very little doubt that I'm going to be sucessful in life (I'm a confident SOB).

Still were all diehards and lets agree on one thing...we'll take 5 bucks over a WNBA championship :)

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 years later...
QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 06:29 PM)
I saw this question posted on some other board and I'd like to see what most people would say. 5 bucks or WNBA title in Chicago (or wherever you live)?

Honestly, and I thought about this for a little while, I'd take money.

Haha, did you add that, knight?

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 12:35 AM)
I'd easily take the $5. And, I'd have to say that there are things more important in life than the Sox; one of them is money, and me being able to buy a new car to replace my old '92 Ford Taurus that doesn't have a working radio or power locks and has engine mounts that are loose, so if I accelerate too fast, my engine will just fall out.

You ever get a replacement?

QUOTE (Pauly8509CWS @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 12:46 AM)
5 bucks

Lauren Jackson

Sox World Series, although we could probly use the money for college...

Wow, what happened to this poster? Haven't seen him in years.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 7, 2009 -> 09:39 AM)
You ever get a replacement?

Haha, yeah, I did. Rereading that brought back great memories of my 1st car (even as crappy as it was, I loved it). I have an '02 Taurus now.

QUOTE (HighHeat45 @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 11:25 PM)
I would take the white sox championship over the 100,000 but catch the next flight to vegas and put everything i own down on the sox winning the world series then get more than 100,000 and the championship :D

This would've worked out beautifully :)

Also, since this thread was started before the Sox won it all and before I posted here, I'd take the 100k either before or after. I'm as much of a die-hard as anyone, but hell, it's just baseball. That feeling of deliriousness fades eventually. Nearly slicing my mortgage debt in half, that would not.

A championship over $100,000? So you'd rather a team filled with players who are making millions of dollars, players you know nothing about other than when you see them play a game, win a championship than for you to have $100K, which sadly would still just be a fraction of what those players make?

Give me the money, pre 2005 and post-2005.

I would be 100,005 bucks richer...

Don't get me wrong but I've been blessed as a Bears ('86),Bulls ('90s) and Sox (05) fan to watch my fave team win championships...there are many fans out there that haven't even seen of of their hometown teams win one,ask Cleveland fans for starters.

WNBA championship. My logic, $5 bucks is lunch but a championship would make some people who I've never heard of really happy so good for them.

About the Sox, would I give up ever winning the title for the $100k or would the Sox get to the WS and lose in a heartbreaking fashion because of me and we'd start fresh. Honest answer, give me the $100k.

QUOTE (SuperSteve @ Jul 12, 2009 -> 10:26 PM)
WNBA championship. My logic, $5 bucks is lunch but a championship would make some people who I've never heard of really happy so good for them.

About the Sox, would I give up ever winning the title for the $100k or would the Sox get to the WS and lose in a heartbreaking fashion because of me and we'd start fresh. Honest answer, give me the $100k.

That was my initial thinking, and that's why I put so much thought into it. I felt guilty that I would take a small amount of money over something that would potentially fulfill the life's dream of some people, but given all of that, I'd still take the money.