Sox @ Rockies 6/8/05 Game Thread

sox-r-us

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 09:59 PM)
Your first post?  Geezus.

Even though no one seems to be listening to you, don't stop. Kinda like a lone voice of reason in a sea of knee-jerk, reactionary insanity. Some of these guys that are having a bad time tonight, like Ozuna and Hernandez - they play baseball for the Chicago White Sox. :headbang

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 10:04 PM)
It's 4-3 going into the top of the 3rd.  Is it possible you people can climb in off the ledge?

It was a bad inning, that's all.  It will happen.

Good call, it's a baseball game, lots of funny things happen in baseball games. Pablo's single-handedly tried to F the entire night, but there's still 7 innings left and we're down ONE WHOLE RUN. Stop b****ing.

The real game is a lot different from Fantasy Baseball, all right?!?

You just can't bench anyone for a bad inning or game.

You can't make outregeous trades for star players, especially in the beginning of June.

Offensive stats aren't the only thing that matters.

Just keep those things in mind, folks.

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 09:12 PM)
The real game is a lot different from Fantasy Baseball, all right?!?

You just can't bench anyone for a bad inning or game.

You can't make outregeous trades for star players, especially in the beginning of June.

Just keep those things in mind, folks.

Good post Ribbie.

Unfortunately, common sense isn't common around here.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 09:11 PM)
Remember when Konerko used to go the opposite way to hit a liner?  If this is the way he's going to continue to swing for his career, I hope that we don't even consider resigning him.

I swear the answer to that is $$$$$!!!! More homers = more $

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 02:12 AM)

So why do we have an awful fielding team on the field tonight with a non-strikeout pitcher on the mound? Our defense has already cost us at least 3 runs tonight.

QUOTE(ReinsdorfSucks @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 12:12 PM)
you're pretty dense aren't ya?  who said castilla?  didn't see his name brought up.  when you know what you're talking about then post.  cause otherwise you look like a jackass. :chair

:wacko:

Somehow I don't think "others" feel that way. You wanted a major league third baseman, I gave you an option, not a good one at that.

Who would YOU recommend then.

QUOTE(ReinsdorfSucks @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 08:12 PM)
you're pretty dense aren't ya?  who said castilla?  didn't see his name brought up.  when you know what you're talking about then post.  cause otherwise you look like a jackass. :chair

Hey jackass, look up sox-r-us's posting history. Who's dense now?

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 02:11 AM)
Remember when Konerko used to go the opposite way to hit a liner?  If this is the way he's going to continue to swing for his career, I hope that we don't even consider resigning him.

I agree with you 100% he has really grown old with me, trying to pull everything. This year he cant get runnners in with less than two outs thats not good when you bat cleanup.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 10:11 PM)

Earlier in the game, according to Farmio, he got a pitch on the outside corner and tried hitting it to right, but was a little late. On this out, Farmer said he got his pitch - just happened to hit it on the ground. Gameday showed the pitch as being center cut, so pulling it, for Konerko, seems like a reaonable approach.

Even though no one seems to be listening to you, don't stop. Kinda like a lone voice of reason in a sea of knee-jerk, reactionary insanity.  Some of these guys that are having a bad time tonight, like Ozuna and Hernandez - they play baseball for the Chicago White Sox. :headbang

The word reactionary means conservative, not "quick to react".

QUOTE(ReinsdorfSucks @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 09:12 PM)

Take it easy, he was kidding. People gotta stop starting fights.

Guest JimH

He has been totally baffled by a lot of lefthanders this year. He did not put a good pass on anything in that at bat and he saw 6-7 pitches. It was a nice play by the 3B though.

Hey, Pablo makes a catch. One down.

BTW, the worst play of the nite was Pablo screwing up the count and running on 2-2. Very bad. The play where he couldn't get it out of his glove, he made a nice dive to stop the ball, should have made the play though.