Crede on Block?

daa84

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 02:38 PM)
There is more to this than just 12 hits.  Crede has a problem putting the ball in play effectively at times.  He pops up, strikes out, or grounds it to 3rd or SS.  Hitting the ball to the right side to move a runner, being able to bunt a runner over, being able to make contact and lift the ball into the air for a sacrifice is what Randa brings to the table over Crede.  Granted if someone groves a breaking pitch center in Crede will crush it.  But if they throw it away he is dead meat. 

When the playoffs come its not like we will be in a slug fest.  It may come down to execution.  This is the place where crede is lacking.  Sure he can catch a ball, but can he put the bat on the ball in situational hitting when we need him to.  And my vote is no.  He will pop up/k/or GO.

Could'nt have said it better myself!! :cheers

Crede does not fit this team!

QUOTE(That funky motion @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 03:25 PM)

Hitting wise maybe he doesn't hit ozzie's philosiphy but defensively he sure as hell does and that's why ozzie has been backing Joe up all year not only will Joe hit 20 homers but out of everyone mentioned in this thread he's the best defender out of all of them(minus Chavez) including Randa imo.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(That funky motion @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 04:25 PM)
Could'nt have said it better myself!! :cheers

love to hear a reason why, i think were lucky ozzie didnt give up on garland, imagine what happens with crede in the near future

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 07:18 PM)
Joe Crede is what we have seen.  I really don't see someone who does what he does breaking out and becoming Scott Rolen, or even David Wright. 

Until last year, Adrian Beltre had been no better than Crede. He certainly broke out.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 06:02 PM)
Until last year, Adrian Beltre had been no better than Crede.  He certainly broke out.

but he came back to earth and is hitting like crap, but you are right joe will turn it around

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 04:02 PM)
WILL NOT BE TRADED---->Felipe Lopez (25 YO) -

WILL NOT BE TRADED---->Jorge Cantu (23 YO)

Pedro Feliz (30 YO) -

WILL NOT BE TRADED---->Bill Hall (25 YO)

WILL NOT BE TRADED---->Ryan Freel (29 YO)

WILL NOT BE TRADED---->Chad Tracy (25 YO)

it's amazing you can be GM for all of those teams and still find time to post here. just kidding, cause I agree with all of those except for Ryan Freel and Chad Tracy. yes, Freel's cheap and plays pretty much any position, but he doesn't excel or really have the potential to excel anywhere, so he's just the ultimate utility player, so a mid-level prospect or two could net Freel. and Chad Tracy could be moved because Arizona has Conor Jackson, who is absolutely tearing up AAA pitching.

Edited by AirScott

Haven't read all of the posts on this thread, but I have mixed feelings about whether he'll be traded or not. Maybe his bat isn't where we'd like it to be, but who knows how many runs he has prevented from scoring with his glove. He's also got a good team attitude. I'm sure KW takes that all of that into consideration. The other side of it......Crede's contract is up this year. Boras is his agent. KW wil not deal with him. Would he want to get something for Crede now, instead of waiting until the year is out when he'll get nothing in return? Thoughts??????

QUOTE(Rooftop Shots @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 07:05 PM)
Haven't read all of the posts on this thread, but I have mixed feelings about whether he'll be traded or not. Maybe his bat isn't where we'd like it to be, but who knows how many runs he has prevented from scoring with his glove. He's also got a good team attitude. I'm sure KW takes that all of that into consideration.  The other side of it......Crede's contract is up this year. Boras is his agent. KW wil not deal with him. Would he want to get something for Crede now, instead of waiting until the year is out when he'll get nothing in return? Thoughts??????

That would be one of the reasons why KW might trade Joe, because he won't negoiate with BorA$$ in the offseason. So I could see the possibility of it happening, and i would understand why.

Umm .. no Joe Randa is no Joe Crede defensively. Let's cut right thru the crap in this thread.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/fieldi...lumn=zoneRating

ZR Crede .826 (#3 in MLB) vs Randa .804 (#7)

DP Crede 14 vs Randa 8

A Crede 117 vs Randa 106

How many times this year had Crede failed to field & deliver an accurate throw for a DP? How often have those players ended a threat in an inning?

The best thing that can happen to Joe is to call up BorASS & say sayonara.

The Sox like Crede & are willing to sign him to a lucrative multi-year deal to avoid arbitration. It's only going to help him in the long run if he does that.

QUOTE(sayitaintso @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 10:07 PM)
That would be one of the reasons why KW might trade Joe, because he won't negoiate with BorA$$ in the offseason.  So I could see the possibility of it happening, and i would understand why.

I doubt KW is that stubborn. He doesn't strike me as the guy who will harm the current team just so he doesnt have to renegociate with Boras. Especially for a player that won't be making a lot...

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 10:58 PM)
You mean the one that is hitting .304 in June with 4HR and 8 RBI in the first 20 days this month?

I was wondering when someone would mention how well he's been playing lately. He's looking much better lately.

I'll bet if you took a poll of Sox pitchers asking if they like Joe Crede on this team, they would unanimously choose to keep Joe. The guy is a big reason our pitchers have been doing as well as they have this season. Granted, Joe's had a couple of boneheaded mistakes at the hot corner, but that's inevitable regardless of who's playing 3rd. He's a #8 hitter capable of hitting 20+ HRs, how much complaining can we really do?

I was wondering when someone would mention how well he's been playing lately.  He's looking much better lately.

I'll bet if you took a poll of Sox pitchers asking if they like Joe Crede on this team, they would unanimously choose to keep Joe.  The guy is a big reason our pitchers have been doing as well as they have this season.  Granted, Joe's had a couple of boneheaded mistakes at the hot corner, but that's inevitable regardless of who's playing 3rd.  He's a #8 hitter capable of hitting 20+ HRs, how much complaining can we really do?

He still can't bunt. That's one thing I wish he would learn how to do.

This team is about balance. On the credit for winning balance sheet, Crede deposits in the defense category and withdraws on the offense. I'm not worried about keeping him in the lineup and hope Kenny is very patient and only pulls the trigger if the trade looks good beyond 2005. I would not make a trade for a projected 5 or 10% offensive improvement.

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 11:27 PM)
Umm .. no Joe Randa is no Joe Crede defensively.  Let's cut right thru the crap in this thread.

DP Crede 14 vs Randa 8

A Crede 117 vs Randa 106

How many times this year had Crede failed to field & deliver an accurate throw for a DP?  How often have those players ended a threat in an inning?

The Sox like Crede & are willing to sign him to a lucrative multi-year deal to avoid arbitration.  It's only going to help him in the long run if he does that.

Randa is a better defensive 3B than Crede and has proven it for years. The guy has good range compared to Crede's average to poor range and is just as steady as Crede with the glove and with his arm.

QUOTE(Rooftop Shots @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 08:05 PM)
Haven't read all of the posts on this thread, but I have mixed feelings about whether he'll be traded or not. Maybe his bat isn't where we'd like it to be, but who knows how many runs he has prevented from scoring with his glove. He's also got a good team attitude. I'm sure KW takes that all of that into consideration.  The other side of it......Crede's contract is up this year. Boras is his agent. KW wil not deal with him. Would he want to get something for Crede now, instead of waiting until the year is out when he'll get nothing in return? Thoughts??????

Joe Crede is not a free agent after the season. We won't lose him unless the Sox choose not to offer arbitration, which would be ridiculous for the Sox not to. Williams will have to either negotiate with Boras or go to arbitration. My bet is that he negotiates.

ESPN's Cold Pizza just had Ken Rosenthal and Buster Olney on and they talked about the players that could be on the trading block. They mentioned that the Giants and Rockies would be willing to move anyone and that Jason Schmidt, Barry Zito, and Preston Wilson will be the major players on the move.

They also mentioned that the Sox are unhappy with Crede and unless his numbers improve he could be shipped off. They said that Crede isn't a contact hitter so he doesn't fit Ozzieball. They also mentioned that Joe Randa would be a perfect fit for us. He plays defense and hits for a high average.

Edited by Jabroni

Umm .. no Joe Randa is no Joe Crede defensively.  Let's cut right thru the crap in this thread.

DP Crede 14 vs Randa 8

A Crede 117 vs Randa 106

How many times this year had Crede failed to field & deliver an accurate throw for a DP?  How often have those players ended a threat in an inning?

The Sox like Crede & are willing to sign him to a lucrative multi-year deal to avoid arbitration.  It's only going to help him in the long run if he does that.

Did Kenny tell you this or something? How can you assume that?

Somehow, I think that if Joe Crede was really pumped about staying on this team with a long-term deal...he'd have realized how much the Sox community dislikes Boras and started looking at switching agents by now.

I know Boras will probably get him another million or two, but if he wanted to stay, that would be a worthy gesture.

QUOTE(nvxplorer @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 02:08 PM)
Crede's defense is far more valuable than Randa's bat. The Sox play too many close games to give up any defense. The addition of one bat, which may hit 35 points higher, is not going to change that. Overall, the few extra runs that Randa could create would be negated by the few extra he gives up.

Randa is a solid defender at third, with above average range.