White Sox video they show before the game

HighHeat45

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Lefty Of Love @ Jun 27, 2005 -> 07:17 PM)
The best part is when Carlton Fisk tags out two guys coming into homeplate.  That's the only part I make sure never to miss.

I have made sure to see that play every time I go to the game and I make a comment about it every time. It's just one of the craziest plays in baseball history.

QUOTE(Lefty Of Love @ Jun 27, 2005 -> 06:17 PM)
The best part is when Carlton Fisk tags out two guys coming into homeplate.  That's the only part I make sure never to miss.

With Fisk being my favorite player, I love that part and where they show Bo Jackson riding the Harley into him. I also especially like when they show Old Comsikey and New Comiskey side by side. I have no idea why I like that so much, I just really do.

Theres just too many chill moments in the video by that point.

A huge round of applause for Brooks and the Game Ops. I especially enjoyed the quick "That was Then, This is Now." bridge between the 1959 tribute and the pregame movies during the LA series.

Copyright laws on the music prevent us from making the video public.

The video is just not the same without the music so we have not posted

it at Whitesox.com.

I am glad you like the video. Our game operations department, including

the guys that run the scoreboard worked really hard to put that

together. I am very proud of it.

All the best,

Brooks

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 11:04 AM)
Copyright laws on the music prevent us from making the video public.

The video is just not the same without the music so we have not posted

it at Whitesox.com.

I am glad you like the video.  Our game operations department, including

the guys that run the scoreboard worked really hard to put that

together.  I am very proud of it.

All the best,

Brooks

Brooks continues to hold his place above my list of heroes. Brooks is awesome.

QUOTE(LauraJ14 @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 01:18 PM)
Am I breaking some type of copyright laws if I videotaped the into on my camcorder?

If you use it for your own personal usage, no. If you give it to other people, you would technically be in violation of copyright laws (think filesharing) and if you tried to sell it other people you could get into a bunch more troubles.

Now is any of that going to happen? Probably not, but that is what the law is.

The player introductions and the videos are just all-around amazing. Nothing angers me more than when I take somebody to a game who's never been there and he or she decides to go get food during the video and intros. Then they run back asking me what all the fireworks were about and I just shake my head.

While I think this year's video is superior to last year's video, I do miss the one where they showed all the great players from White Sox history. It let you applaud the ones you like best -- I always gave a hearty cheer for Ed Farmer when he came up.

QUOTE(LauraJ14 @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 01:18 PM)
Am I breaking some type of copyright laws if I videotaped the into on my camcorder?

They wont let you bring camcorders into the parks, but if you did get one in and got caught, then yes you'd get into trouble.

Edit: Mike.. FWIU it's against the rules to tape any part of a copyrighted telecast.. is that not correct??

I tried to tape during the All Star events in Boston - prior to the Futures game - and I was warned to put the camera away or they would have to take it.. :huh

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 04:51 PM)
They wont let you bring camcorders into the parks, but if you did get one in and got caught, then yes you'd get into trouble.

Edit: Mike.. FWIU it's against the rules to tape any part of a copyrighted telecast.. is that not correct??

I tried to tape during the All Star events in Boston - prior to the Futures game - and I was warned to put the camera away or they would have to take it..  :huh

MLB has the rights to all action going on, on the field. If you are recording play on the field you are breaking numerous copyright laws.

Only their cameras can record the game.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 04:59 PM)
MLB has the rights to all action going on, on the field. If you are recording play on the field you are breaking numerous copyright laws.

Only their cameras can record the game.

That's what I thought.. Thanks

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 05:08 PM)
That's what I thought.. Thanks

Actually I believe stuff like that falls under the same category as taping stuff at home on your VCR. People are allowed to replicate it for their own usage. Previously the Supreme Court ruled that it was legal to tape copyrighted movies and shows off of TV, as long as they weren't replicating them and/or selling them. If it was for just your own viewing pleasure it was OK. I believe the way the teams get around it is by banning the equiptment itself from coming into the park (banning camcorders etc)