Pods = All Star

GoArow33

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny how Yanks fans are pissed, but a Cubs fan is defending Pods(pretty good might I add) and one Yanks fan is calling out others for not showing that much passion before the voting ended. It's true. If they think Jeter deserved it, they should've voted more. NY has a bigger community than Chicago.

Here is the AP story:

Podsednik picked over Yankees captain Jeter

In a surprise finish, the unheralded Podsednik edged popular Yankees captain Derek Jeter for the 32nd roster spot on the American League squad. With Podsednik's teammates campaigning for him, the major league leader in stolen bases, also beat out Minnesota center fielder Torii Hunter, New York outfielder Hideki Matsui and Tampa Bay outfielder Carl Crawford.

Podsednik is batting .286 with 46 runs scored as the White Sox's leadoff hitter.

The White Sox made a strong push for Podsednik the past few days. They had a laptop in the dugout before Tuesday's game for players to cast their votes. Employees wore shirts and pins encouraging fans to vote for Podsednik, and the organization ran announcements at the stadium and during broadcasts.

Podsednik's victory was announced during Wednesday night's home game against Tampa Bay, bringing a roar from the crowd.

He joins Chicago first baseman Paul Konerko and pitchers Mark Buehrle and Jon Garland on the AL All-Star team. The last time the White Sox had four All-Stars was 1975, when Bucky Dent, Rich Gossage, Jim Kaat and Jorge Orta were selected.

I hope Pods gets in the game and wins MVP. That would show everyone he is deserving. I cant say I was a Pods fan before this season but watching him on the basebaths this year is unbelievable. He causes the pitcher to make so many mistakes.

I almost feel like the Yankees with 4 of our players on the team.

What is the over/under of the White Sox players actually getting into the game?

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 07:39 PM)
It's funny how Yanks fans are pissed, but a Cubs fan is defending Pods(pretty good might I add) and one Yanks fan is calling out others for not showing that much passion before the voting ended. It's true. If they think Jeter deserved it, they should've voted more. NY has a bigger community than Chicago.

The Spankees board on MLB.COM is hilarious. I suggest you go check it out.

Go to their message board and browse the threads.

Everyone appears to believe Red Sox fans are responsible for this win. Apparently, no one lives outside of Boston and New York these days.

There are NO cities outside of the east coast responsible for voting Podsednik in.

QUOTE(Winnin Ugly @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 07:37 PM)
There are NO cities outside of the east coast responsible for voting Podsednik in.

If the race was close, there's a chance they could have made a difference, but the bulk of the voting came from people like us.