Official game thread for August 10th

Ishmookie

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 04:06 PM)
Like I said I support his stealing, and trust him doing so, but its in the later innings in situations that make or break the game and when baserunners are hard to come by that I don't approve of it especially when your 2-3-4 hitters are coming to the plate.

if he made it you would be all over him for being smart and clutch. In YOUR lifetime you havent seen a base stealer quite like PODS, and we havent seen it on the sox.

He has the green light, he will continue to run, the pitchers will continue to throw fastballs and we will continue to win.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how a well fought win brings out the most pessimism and criticism in people around here. We were handed the win, Pods shouldnt have gone etc etc. Come on people. We just proved so many media and fans wrong. We went to yankee stadium, and gave up 5 runs!!!!! That is serious baseball.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 04:22 PM)
In YOUR lifetime you havent seen a base stealer quite like PODS, and we havent seen it on the sox. 

He has the green light, he will continue to run, the pitchers will continue to throw fastballs and we will continue to win.

Henderson...?? :huh

Regardless.. is it really necessary to argue this point? It's a difference of opinion. So be it.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 02:48 PM)
Yeah, I wish we were the Red Sox.  We wouldn't need Bernie Williams to hand us a win.

I wish we were the Red Sox too...our streak without winning a world series would be at an end.

But I'll tell you 1 thing...you wish we had the Red Sox offense...but the Red Sox wish they had our pitching staff (top to bottom).