Steroid Announcement Friday?

spataro51

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 04:14 PM)
Alright I haven't read this thread, but the rumor is Damon and Clemens?

Wow the AL batting leader and the NL ERA leader...that would be ugly

That is a shocker. Damon and Clemens, I dont want to judge them yet until MLB release it. I was reading all this at work and just cant believe it.

QUOTE(3 BeWareTheNewSox 5 @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 05:41 PM)
Hmm, also heard Harry today, either Teinowitz reads this board or s*** is about to go down, I cant wait til Friday!

They closed the show with it also - confirming that they were told 2 players, 1 NL and 1 AL who's teams would be in the playoffs if the season ended today - tested positive.

QUOTE(tpezz27 @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 01:21 PM)
Clemens would have to be a bigger idiot then Palmeiro to test positive. He didn't have anything to prove by coming back this year. He already had all his Cy Young awards, won a world series, had a s***load of money.  He could have pitched like s*** this year and noone would have said anything since he is 43 and still got his $18.5 million. But he comes back and tests positive for steroids to tarnish his legacy? I don't buy this at all!

Palmeiro atleast sucked the first month of the season and had to be worried he wouldn't get to his 3000 hits.....so he atleast had something to well cheat for....lol

If it is the alleged Astros SP, Canseco looks like a f'n genius and should be up for the Pulitzer. (IMO his book is a great read, I believed most of it when it came out, and I think it's being proved out).

If it is the Astros SP some are alleging I would be dissapointed, and if it is a CF from Boston who is up for FA, he may cost himself untold millions of dollars.

As far as why would the Astros SP do it with all of his accomplishments? Look at Michael Jordan. It's the competitive edge these guys have. They're cut-throat at anything they play, from their pro games to pick-up games with their friends...

Edited by SoxFan562004

QUOTE(spataro51 @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 10:29 PM)
HEY STEFF, I HAVE BEEN READING ALL OF THE RESPONSES TO THIS AND IT SEEMS THAT YOU SEEM TO HAVE SOME KIND OF INFO ALSO, LIKE YOU ALSO HAVE SOME CONNECTIONS OR SOMETHING.

Please lose the caps there hard to read.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 09:27 PM)
If it is the alleged Astros SP, Canseco looks like a f'n genius and should be up for the Pulitzer.  (IMO his book is a great read, I believed most of it when it came out, and I think it's being proved out).

If it is the Astros SP some are alleging I would be dissapointed, and if it is a CF from Boston who is up for FA, he may cost himself untold millions of dollars.

As far as why would the Astros SP do it with all of his accomplishments?  Look at Michael Jordan.  It's the competitive edge these guys have.  They're cut-throat at anything they play, from their pro games to pick-up games with their friends...

my guess is clemens has been using it his entire career. according to jack morris steroids isnt a 1990s and later problem. thats just when it got big. the rumors ive heard is that the first guy to really use it was mike schmidt.

QUOTE(spataro51 @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 10:29 PM)
HEY STEFF, I HAVE BEEN READING ALL OF THE RESPONSES TO THIS AND IT SEEMS THAT YOU SEEM TO HAVE SOME KIND OF INFO ALSO, LIKE YOU ALSO HAVE SOME CONNECTIONS OR SOMETHING.

No connections. Just friends.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 09:45 PM)
thats damn funny

thanks daa and Steff... it's been a long month with female troubles, taking the Bar, not having a job and school for the first time in 14 years and making me bored out of my f'n skull! But the idea of Gammons COMPLETELY losing his s*** on Baseball Tonight makes me laugh, it may be cruel, but it's true... seriously though, he may cry on the air, and if he does I don't think I would ever stop laughing. Ever.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 09:51 PM)
thanks daa and Steff... it's been a long month with female troubles, taking the Bar, not having a job and school for the first time in 14 years and making me bored out of my f'n skull!  But the idea of Gammons COMPLETELY losing his s*** on Baseball Tonight makes me laugh, it may be cruel, but it's true... seriously though, he may cry on the air, and if he does I don't think I would ever stop laughing. Ever.

yikes man, my brother took the bar, then got married a week later, so i know what youre sayin.....ive been goin through some of it too...im takin the MCAT on saturday

QUOTE(daa84 @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 10:53 PM)
yikes man, my brother took the bar, then got married a week later, so i know what youre sayin.....ive been goin through some of it too...im takin the MCAT on saturday

Holy crap!!! Congrats!!! And good luck!!!

:cheers

QUOTE(daa84 @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 09:53 PM)

Good luck man!! Do yourself a HUGE favor, once they are done go out and have a good time, if you drink, get drunk, if you like music, go to a concert!!

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 09:59 PM)
Good luck man!!  Do yourself a HUGE favor, once they are done go out and have a good time, if you drink, get drunk, if you like music, go to a concert!!

i was thinking about gettin drunk and scalpin some tickets to the sox yanks game, but that doesnt look to be much of a stress reliever the way things are going

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 10:14 PM)
Don't think it's Clemens because he gave a hint that really limits this thing to five or six teams.  He said that this team would be assured of a playoff birth if the season ended today.

yeah, before tonights games Astros were a game up in the WC

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 04:14 AM)
Don't think it's Clemens because he gave a hint that really limits this thing to five or six teams.  He said that this team would be assured of a playoff birth if the season ended today.

He was clearly talking about Clemens and Damon. The Clemens rumor is all over the Internet now. I have a feeling it's a bunch of BS though, and just a rumor that's being spread by people trying to break a story.

BTW, I can't wait to read what Bill Simmons says about the whole thing if these two guys get busted. He hates Clemens with a passion, and he loves J. Damon.