Steroid Announcement Friday?

spataro51

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(3 BeWareTheNewSox 5 @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 10:45 AM)
Looks like Chicago is not the only media outlet with this speculation http://forums.nyyfans.com/showthread.php?t=87565

EDIT: And this guy works in a major league organization (well, he claims) http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39353

They brought up Pujols and ARod on that site.

Good to see the word assclown is not limited to this site.

PS What happened to the "W" in the 3BTNS5 signature?

QUOTE(ChiSox_Sonix @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 12:53 PM)
http://www.masslive.com/redsox/republican/...2260.xml&coll=1

Interesting article from a couple weeks ago where Damon was asked a bunch of questions about Palmiero. Some of the comments he made would prove to be quite funny if this rumor ends up being true

Good find. Assuming Damon gets busted, he was probably already tested by the time he made these comments, right?

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 01:18 PM)
Good find. Assuming Damon gets busted, he was probably already tested by the time he made these comments, right?

He was most likely tested, told he tested positive and going through the appeals process at the time.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 12:22 PM)
He was most likely tested, told he tested positive and going through the appeals process at the time.

ive been reading about this thing everywhere...its almost too big to not be true. add into that all the radio stations....sure fire hall of famer and a potential one.....im not sure about damon as potential HOFer, but and that certainly means its not kapler (unless its the playgirl hall of fame) but something huge is gonna go down and its gonna be good.

Hypothetically speaking...let's just say that it was a certain player on the Red Sox who played against us in our series against them last week - not even the specific one being mentionned, just pick a player on that team.

How would you guys feel about us having played against a guy who had already tested positive for the things but was appealing? Even if the guy didn't end up making a huge difference in the games, how would you react to that? I'd be furious that the guy could cheat and then help his team beat us because he still had an appeal going through.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 04:18 PM)
Hypothetically speaking...let's just say that it was a certain player on the Red Sox who played against us in our series against them last week - not even the specific one being mentionned, just pick a player on that team.

How would you guys feel about us having played against a guy who had already tested positive for the things but was appealing?  Even if the guy didn't end up making a huge difference in the games, how would you react to that?  I'd be furious that the guy could cheat and then help his team beat us because he still had an appeal going through.

Well... It's not Poppy.. and he's the only one that really kicked our ass.

I really don't know. I guess I wouldn't care. The public s*** beating they would get and calling their season last year bs would be poetic justice. We can't be bothered with being pissed over this. We have a division and WS to win!!

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 03:21 PM)
Well... It's not Poppy.. and he's the only one that really kicked our ass.

I really don't know. I guess I wouldn't care. The public s*** beating they would get and calling their season last year bs would be poetic justice. We can't be bothered with being pissed over this. We have a division and WS to win!!

yeah i agree its the business of baseball. zambrano got to delay his suspension last year to the allstar break for arguing with the ump. same thing with rogers its just the nature of the beast. kinda like the death penalty in real life....yeah they might kill the guy, but it wont be for like 20 years.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 03:15 PM)
Where did you guys hear "hall of famers"...?

i cant say that i heard it myself, only what i read on this board, and the links on this board and on espn.coms message boards. supposedly some radio hosts said it was a sure thing HOFer and a potential HOFer. the announcement of the sure thing HOFer "would be devastating for the game, and could bring baseball to its knees"

of course take all of this with a grain of salt. we will know tomorrow

Edited by daa84

QUOTE(daa84 @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 04:26 PM)
i cant say that i heard it myself, only what i read on this board, and the links on this board and on espn.coms message boards. supposedly some radio hosts said it was a sure thing HOFer and a potential HOFer. the announcement of the sure thing HOFer "would be devastating for the game, and could bring baseball to its knees"

of course take all of this with a grain of salt. we will know tomorrow

Ahhh.. I didn't read that board that was linked. Of the players Fergie discussed.. I would agree 1 is a definite HOF'er.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 04:28 PM)
I know these guys get 10 day suspensions, but is there any other hurdle they must pass before being eligible to play. I know steriods stay in your system a while, you should at least have to submit to a test and have a clean result before you are allowed to play again.

Just a fine.

this was also from neyers chat.

Derek in Iowa City: What's with the rumors about the two "superstars" that have tested positive for banned substances?

Rob Neyer: We're hearing the same rumors at ESPN, along with some actual names. But I don't have any interest in spreading rumors. We'll know when we know.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 04:34 PM)
It would be funny if this was all from Soxtalk and one thing led to the next.

I can't imagine that the likes of Fergie Jenkins, Kenny Sanders, Blue Moon, etc read Soxtalk... and the conversation with them took place before this thread was started.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 09:36 PM)
I can't imagine that the likes of Fergie Jenkins, Kenny Sanders, Blue Moon, etc read Soxtalk... and the conversation with them took place before this thread was started.

I don't exactly get your reference, probaly because I've been in and out of this thread. But I was referring to Neyer's chat which stated 2 names caught with steroids.

The places I have heard this, in order of when:

1. Soxtalk

2. Obscure baseball message board

3. Chicago radio station

4. LA radio station(Or so someone said)

5. NY radio station(Or so someone said)

6. National Media(Rob Neyer, ESPN)

Heck, it sure worked it's way out! Ok, so I don't believed it all came from Soxtalk, but it would be funny.