Game 1 thoughts

kman

oh well , dont get 2 down we got mark 2morrow we can tye this thing up guys please dont get down and depressed i kno its hard but thats what they want us to do. If we are meant to win the series we will, we werent meant to win this 1.

We didn't play as well as we need to but part of that is because they played well. This is a very good Angels team.

I'm not panicking yet either though. One of those reasons is because I don't think the home field matters too much. We just need to get to 4 before them, wherever the wins come from. I think we can do that.

They executed - they won. We didn't - we lost.

They even said on the pre game that our hitters had to lay off the guy's slider and we didn't. No one can put down a damn bunt. We ran ourselves into outs. Ozzie outmanaged himself. They got the momentum. We lose tomarrow, then that means we are in trouble. Im going to sleep it off now.

So does this mean that really in the ALCS the standings are 0-0-1? I'm creating a new category. That category is "we beat ourselves". So it goes wins, losses, we beat ourselves. I guess this one shouldn't count.

Come on. They beat us just like we beat the Red Sox. Cut this "we beat ourselves" bulls***. That's a sports cliche for "we got our asses kicked". Suck it up.

Edited by MinnySoxFan

first of all, it doesnt help playin on rest against a team who just played the other day, i had a feelin this would be tough

also why cant we beat the f***in west, and f***in paul byrd

im really pissed that we bunted in the ninth with 0 outs, you need a run i personally wouldnt risk that, id let rowand swing, and i would have put willie in and stole him after one out

w/e we will wiin tomorrow, at least we better

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 03:12 AM)
This could have been the worst game we've played all season as far as execution goes.  This team was flat and looked like crap.  That being said I'm still very, very confident, just got to right the ship starting tomorrow.

I really can't agree that this was the worst game execution wise......you might say that 3rd inning was.....suprisingly i didn't spaz after the loss tonight....i got still got my heart on this team.......Lets go MB pitch like the 1st half.....lets take this loss like men/women and go get the tomorrow.....

were sox fans....we all know we can take the one loss....just not anymore

QUOTE(Wedge @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 09:16 PM)
we couldn't get a f***ing bunt down.  boo-urns.

Our bunting has sucked all year at critical times....but I know alot of you won't agree with this...but I really think I would have backed off the bunt call with the corners charging (same with Pods AB). Unless he drags a perfect bunt...it's an out at second. I almost would have rather taken a chance with a hit and run because it was obvious...nobody on this team was gonna get a bunt down.

On a slim bright spot....this game is a game of inches...and AJ was about .125" from it being a White Sox winner with that rope he hit.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 09:12 PM)
This could have been the worst game we've played all season as far as execution goes.  This team was flat and looked like crap.  That being said I'm still very, very confident, just got to right the ship starting tomorrow.

Exactly. Anybody throwing in the towel after one game in a 7 game playoff is flat out stupid. We're gonna find out what kinda heart this team has tomorrow night. I expect Buehrle to get it done. And I expect a much better showing from the offense tonight. Go Sox! :gosox3:

I've got confidence we'll turn it around tommorow.

Our core of our team, our pitching, didn't let us down, not even close.

We had a few bad bounces, more than a few brain cramps, but i'm chalking this up to not playing for a few days.

We're going to come back strong tommorow.

I hate to beat a dead horse, but we let this one slip through the cracks, all we can do tomorrow is come back and get a W. If anything positive can come out of this game, I think a loss will bring the sox back to reality, and hopefully rally the troops for the rest of this series.