Colon named AL Cy Young winner

Sox Pride 22

Yeah, we'll get no awards but will have won the World Series...no bias against us. Obviously I expected Colon to get it and he should have. But no gold gloves, no cy young, no executive of the year....NOTHING...oh, except the most important one...

im_ws_trophy.jpg

Edited by tonyho7476

QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 8, 2005 -> 02:36 PM)
Is Exec of Year even a MLB award...???

Now.. stepping back.. I don't see anyone that won anything not deserving of it - yes, even Hunter.

Not sure on Exec of the year...but come on, the guy rehabbed the whole team this off-season and won the world series. Cleveland made pretty much no moves in the off-season...and fell on their face at the end. I don't understand these people.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Nov 8, 2005 -> 01:39 PM)
Not sure on Exec of the year...but come on, the guy rehabbed the whole team this off-season and won the world series.  Cleveland made pretty much no moves in the off-season...and fell on their face at the end.  I don't understand these people.

Who cares... :huh

:P

QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 8, 2005 -> 01:36 PM)
Is Exec of Year even a MLB award...???

Now.. stepping back.. I don't see anyone that won anything not deserving of it - yes, even Hunter.

I'm not one to b**** about individual awards because I just don't care all that much. But Torii Hunter in no way, shape or form deserved to win a GG this year. He won it strickly based on reputation when a guy like Mark Kotsay who had a much better defenive season and played 41 more games than Hunter gets shafted. The GG has been a joke since '99 but that's no excuse to continuously f*** over deserving players.

Edited by Kalapse

Why did Cliff lee get more votes then Mark? I know he had to more wins, but Mark had a better ERA...312 to 3.79

More innings pitched 236 to 202 and was on a division winner..What's the thought process behind that.

Even Garland should have been voter higher..had the same amount of wins..better ERA and more innings pitched..

Man, people have a real hard on for the Indians..

QUOTE(GASHWOUND @ Nov 8, 2005 -> 12:19 PM)
Why did Cliff lee get more votes then Mark? I know he had to more wins, but Mark had a better ERA...312 to 3.79

More innings pitched 236 to 202 and was on a division winner..What's the thought process behind that.

Even Garland should have been voter higher..had the same amount of wins..better ERA and more innings pitched..

Man, people have a real hard on for the Indians..

What were the numbers for Buehrle + Garland?