For GOP only

Texsox

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 3, 2008 -> 09:12 AM)

Already, Obama is changing his tune from his old, irresponsibly heated rhetoric about "immediate" withdrawal to talking about the need for policies that would adapt to the improving conditions in Iraq. Given Obama's ideological leanings and inexperience, there's clearly plenty of potential for him to make costly mistakes.

Obama is in ND right now saying flat out this war will end and we will begin withdrawing troops immediately. He is not chanign his 16 month withdrawal time table. He is going to Iraq to get more information on how to prepare the Iraqi people for our leaving..

As someone just said on TV, Obama is saying that when he goes to Iraq he is there to refine his tactic, not his strategy. Meaning, the tactics of withdrawal, not to refine his overall strategy of pulling out.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 3, 2008 -> 03:58 PM)
Obama is in ND right now saying flat out this war will end and we will begin withdrawing troops immediately. He is not chanign his 16 month withdrawal time table. He is going to Iraq to get more information on how to prepare the Iraqi people for our leaving..

As someone just said on TV, Obama is saying that when he goes to Iraq he is there to refine his tactic, not his strategy. Meaning, the tactics of withdrawal, not to refine his overall strategy of pulling out.

Until tomorrow, when he answers the question just a bit different to fit the audience and the questioner.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jul 3, 2008 -> 04:18 PM)
Until tomorrow, when he answers the question just a bit different to fit the audience and the questioner.

oh good lord. Obama says he'd refine his policy and everyone (including nearly every media company) ASSUMED he meant he would reconsider withdrawal. The problem? HE NEVER SAID IT! All I have read is that he would refine it. Not the withdrawal, the tactics involved.

Here's his full bloody quote:

"We're planning to visit Iraq. I'm going to do a thorough assessment when I'm there. I have been consistent throughout this process that I believe the war in Iraq was a mistake, that we need to bring this war to a responsible end.

"I continue to believe that it is a strategic error for us to maintain a long-term occupation in Iraq at a time when the conditions in Afghanistan are worsening, Al Qaeda has been able to establish bases in the areas of northwest Pakistan, resources there are severely ...

... strained, and we're spending $10 to $12 billion a month in Iraq that we desperately need here at home, not to mention the strains on our military.

"So my position has not changed, but keep in mind what that original position was. I've always said that I would listen to commanders on the ground. I've always said the pace of withdrawal would be dictated by the safety and security of our troops and the need to maintain stability. That assessment has not changed. And when I go to Iraq and have a chance to talk to some of the commanders on the ground, I'm sure I'll have more information and will continue to refine my policies."

"We can chase this around for a long time. What I've said repeatedly is that my goal is to end this conflict in a responsible way as quickly as possible. My 16-month time line, if you examine everything that I've said, was always premised on making sure that our troops were safe. I said that based on the information that we had received from our commanders that one to two brigades a month could be pulled out safely from a logistical perspective. And my guiding approach continues to be that our troops are safe and that Iraq is stable.

"And I'm going to continue to gather information to find out whether those conditions still hold. My job is to make sure that the strategic issues that we face, not just in Iraq, but in Afghanistan, in Iran and Pakistan are all taken into account and dealt with in a way that enhances America's national security interests over the long-term."

What did the press run with? "I'm sure I'll have more information and will continue to refine my policies" OMG!!! HE'S STAYIN GIN IRAQ FOR 10 YEARS!!! HE FLIP-FLOPPED!

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 3, 2008 -> 03:30 PM)
oh good lord. Obama says he'd refine his policy and everyone (including nearly every media company) ASSUMED he meant he would reconsider withdrawal. The problem? HE NEVER SAID IT! All I have read is that he would refine it. Not the withdrawal, the tactics involved.

Maybe on the way over to Iraq to get his facts straight he can stop over in France. They are the experts when it comes to withdrawing from the battlefront.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 3, 2008 -> 04:51 PM)

That's not acceptable in any way shape or form.

Marie told 9NEWS she kept her plans to switch songs quiet until the very last moment. She says only she, her husband and a friend knew she was going to sing something other than the "Star-Spangled Banner."

AKA, this was a political move and she didnt want the organizers to find out.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 3, 2008 -> 03:30 PM)

Here's his full bloody quote:

What did the press run with? "I'm sure I'll have more information and will continue to refine my policies" OMG!!! HE'S STAYIN GIN IRAQ FOR 10 YEARS!!! HE FLIP-FLOPPED!

I know, we get it. Obama is perfect, and has the entire world figured out, and how to fix everything that wrongs everyone. Thanks for playing.

LMAO!

The McCain campaign just issued a press release that Barack Obama just took John McCain's position on the war in Iraq and that he flip-flopped on Iraq troop withdrawal. Apparently they missed the part where he said we will be out of Iraq in 16 months barring some unforeseen circumstance.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 3, 2008 -> 02:58 PM)

And yet you can say with a straight face that McCain wants to fight a war in Iraq for 100 years...

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 3, 2008 -> 04:22 PM)
And yet you can say with a straight face that McCain wants to fight a war in Iraq for 100 years...

I do not. he wants to be in Iraq for a 100 years AFTER the fighting ends. The problem is when that 100 years kicks in. When does the fighting stop? These groups have been fighting since far before the countries original 4th of July. John McCain has offered no strategy or time line for the fighgitn to end. he has said we will fight until there is peace and then stay there 100 years... maybe a thousand.

I love how Obama can change is opinion on gay marriage after posing one view against it for many many years, and then all of a sudden be in favor of it one day, and have absolutely NONE of the msm call him out on it. My gosh, this guy can do anything he wants and get away with it.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 3, 2008 -> 05:25 PM)
I do not. he wants to be in Iraq for a 100 years AFTER the fighting ends. The problem is when that 100 years kicks in. When does the fighting stop? These groups have been fighting since far before the countries original 4th of July. John McCain has offered no strategy or time line for the fighgitn to end. he has said we will fight until there is peace and then stay there 100 years... maybe a thousand.

Or maybe to the second coming of Jesus, or I mean Obama. :PUKE

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 3, 2008 -> 05:25 PM)

He has NEVER said he WANTS to be in Iraq for 100 years, period. He has said we will do what it takes to finish the job, and using history as a guide, such as in places like South Korea and Europe, a long term American presence is probable. He isn't insulting people's intelligence by declaring an absolute here, and then going back and changing his story as the situation on the ground gets better.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Jul 7, 2008 -> 08:23 PM)
Interesting point I heard today. If we go with McCain's plan to juice up our nuclear capacity it will create 700,000 new jobs and we can cut the trade deficit on energy.

I'm OK with some new nuke power, but you could say the same thing about various other non-fossil fuel energies as well, but with less long term impact on the environment and lower upfront costs. Just sayin', that's not something magical to just nuclear power.