• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Bot 4 Recap

Crede doubles to right field.

Mackowiak walks. (Ball 4 was wild pitch -- Crede advances to 3B)

Cintron RBI fielder's choice (Mackowiak safe at 2B)

Gload sacrifice bunt (Mackowiak advances to 3B, Cintron advances to 2B)

Podsednik 2 RBI double to left field. (Podsednik steals 3B)

Iguchi RBI single to center field.

Konerko singles to left field. (Iguchi advances to 2B)

Dye walks. (Iguchi advances to 3B, Konerko advances to 2B)

Pierzynski RBI single to right field (Konerko advances to 3B, Dye advances to 2B)

Crede 2 RBI single to center field (Pierzynski advances to 2B)

Mackowiak strikes out swinging.

Cintron strikes out swinging.

6 Hits

7 Runs

2 LOB

Padilla 87 pitches through 3.1 IP. (He done!)

After 4, the score is 8-2 Sox

And we shant be having fathom post for the rest of the night since the Sox scored a run...a lot of runs :P

QUOTE(Felix @ Jun 3, 2006 -> 06:55 PM)
I'm pretty confident even our bullpen can't blow a 6 run lead.

Don't say that.

Jeez Javy. Cmon.

Ugh. Looks like we're going to have to keep scoring.

Edited by jphat007

Guest JimH

He has thrown 8 pitches in this inning, they have 2 runs on 4 hits already. They are just going up there hacking and getting it done. He's throwing strikes out over the plate and they're not missing.

1 out, they get three quick runs and it's 8-5, geezus christ.

I mean, this is really bad. He's throwing strikes and he's getting hammered.

2 out now.

Look out here.

Halfway home, 8-5.

Top 5 Recap

Young singles to left field.

Teixeira singles to right field. (Young advances to 2B)

Blalock RBI single to right field (Teixeira advances to 2B)

DeRosa RBI single to center field (Blalock advances to 3B)

Wilkerson RBI sacrifice fly to right field

Kinsler pops out to second base.

Botts grounds out to pitcher.

4 Hits

3 Runs

1 LOB

Vazquez 86 pitches through 5 IP.

Halfway home, 8-5 Sox

Guest JimH

He has got to move the ball in and out. I can see throwing strikes and saying "hit it if you can" with a 6 run lead but unfortunately Texas hitters are damn good. You have to pitch like it's a close game, which now it is.

John Wasdin in, he is either great or horrible. He has been in AAA recently. It depends if he's getting his off speed stuff over or not. He is basically the last man in their pen.

What they need to do here is take as many pitches as they can. Let this guy show what he's got for an inning and then tee off on him.

And Gload show us exactly what not to do, 1 out.

WTF, two outs now. Two mediocre at bats. They are just asking for it.

Guest JimH

Boom, three outs on about 7 pitches. Damnit. Not good.

I do not like the way this game is going. They let Texas right back into the game and the White Sox just had an inning of very bad at bats. I bet the Texas dugout is fired up.

We need another inning, at the least, out of Vazquez.

After the sixth inning concludes I don't want him out there again. When Texas sees him for the fourth time around I'm afraid of what may occur. It's not smart to have Vazquez continue pitching against a lineup of hitters who have put together quality hits.

Guest JimH
We need another inning, at the least, out of Vazquez.

After the sixth inning concludes I don't want him out there again. When Texas sees him for the fourth time around I'm afraid of what may occur. It's not smart to have Vazquez continue pitching against a lineup of hitters who have put together quality hits.

What is the common denominator in this series ... pretty simple ... Texas hitters are making the White Sox starters work. They are looking for certain pitches in their hitting zone and they aren't missing them.

Credit to Texas hitters, thumbs down to the White Sox for not adjusting. Look at the last inning, they knew Vazquez would throw first pitch strikes, they were damn ready and they got right back into the game.

These guys are very good hitters but the fact remains, the White Sox need to adjust better as the game goes on. They are getting beat by the other team making very good in game adjustments.

And when I say "adjust", that means you have to know exactly what makes hitters uncomfortable. You have to know the hitters. It's ok to throw strikes, Vazquez is good at that, but you have to make the hitters uncomfortable. Sometimes that means going in on their hands, sometimes that means throwing them offspeed slow stuff. You have to adjust, in game, to what these hitters are looking for. I am not certain the White Sox starters are doing that recently. I am tending to think they have their game plan going in, and they're sticking with it come hell or high water.

Guest JimH

Another thing the Sox starters are not doing is making the hitters look up and down. It's been mostly in and out. You have got to work up (meaning, slightly out of) the zone to move the hitters eyes.

Texiera up, good opportunity to work him over.

The only way to get this guy is up and in, on his hands.

Guest JimH

Popped him up, had him looking for something else. Nice job there after he thought he had him struck out.

White Sox need some good at bats this inning ... meaning, lengthy at bats. I think Vazquez is done, he's thrown a lot of pitches.

Dye generally has a good sense in situations like this, let's see what he does.

Wasdin is throwing strikes.