AND THATS A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!!!!!!&#

NUKE_CLEVELAND

:sweep: :sweep: :sweep:

EAT s*** CINCY!!!!!!!!!!!!

TODAY WAS ALL ABOUT JON f***ING GARLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TOTAL f***ING DOMINATION WITH A GREAT OUTING AND MADE IT LOOK EASY!!!!!!!!

THIS IS THE JON GARLAND THAT WON ALL THOSE GAMES LAST YEAR!!!!!!!

AND HE HITS ONE OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOMEONE WAS ON A f***ING MISSION TODAY!!!!!!

GOOCH & MACK PITCHED IN WITH A MULTIHIT GAMES!!!!!!

REST OF THE OFFENSE GOT JON SOME BREATHING SPACE TO WORK WITH!!!!!!!

GREAT SERIES ALL THE WAY AROUND!!!!!!!

GREAT TO GET THE SWEEP WHEN THE TIGERS WERE WELCOMING PRIOR TO THE SUCK!!!!!!!!

GIMMIE A HELL f***ING YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:sweep: :sweep: :sweep:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Jun 18, 2006 -> 12:54 PM)
8IP, 4H, 1ER for Garland, plus a homerun. Great game.

^^^

Jon picked an ideal time to have the best game of his career. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come (on the mound, at least).

Solid execution of small-ball (except for the botched suicide squeeze) and great defense from Uribe as well. I like the way they're playing right now.

QUOTE(Sox It To Em @ Jun 18, 2006 -> 03:02 PM)
Excellent all-around. This team is on fire!

Too bad the Cubs are abysmal.

Ahh f*** it. We all knew the Tigers were going to destroy the Flubbs. Its fun to watch Prior get bombed like he did today. We'll make up some ground another day. Just enjoy watching the Tigers welcome the Flubbs to the suck for now.

QUOTE(Sox It To Em @ Jun 18, 2006 -> 01:02 PM)
Too bad the Cubs are abysmal.

The Sox can't control what the Tigers do when they're not playing them, so there's no point in worrying about them. They need to focus on playing fundamentally-sound ball and winning each series. If they succeed, they'll be fine.

It appears that we are finally clicking on all cylindars. Even the bullpen is looking good as of late. Like WCSox said, if we continue to play like this, everything will take care of itself.

Happy Jon Garland Day! :headbang

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jun 18, 2006 -> 03:11 PM)
Anybody agree with me that this was the best week of baseball the Sox have played so far?

If it weren't for that embarassment of a game against Texas, I'd say without it doubt. Even when we won 8 in a row back in April, I don't think we were playing this well.

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Jun 18, 2006 -> 03:16 PM)
It appears that we are finally clicking on all cylindars. Even the bullpen is looking good as of late. Like WCSox said, if we continue to play like this, everything will take care of itself.

Happy Jon Garland Day! :headbang

If it weren't for that embarassment of a game against Texas, I'd say without it doubt. Even when we won 8 in a row back in April, I don't think we were playing this well.

We're hitting on all cylinders at just the right time. We have tough series against STL and Houston coming up before we get to pick on the Flubbs and Pittsburgh.

QUOTE(WCSox @ Jun 18, 2006 -> 03:12 PM)
I don't know, but It'd be difficult to argue against it.

This is the first time all year the bullpen and the bottom of the lineup has had an extended run of success at the same time. Combine that with our starting pitching and overall offense, I'd say it's easily been our best week.

This is the best the team has played this year, and awesome to see. I'm one of those who had little faith in Garland, especially against a team that can hit like the Reds. Congrats on an awesome day for him and to the Sox.

For once I wish the Cubs didn't suck so much, but the Tigers can't play crappy teams forever.

QUOTE(G&T @ Jun 18, 2006 -> 03:20 PM)
This is the best the team has played this year, and awesome to see. I'm one of those who had little faith in Garland, especially against a team that can hit like the Reds. Congrats on an awesome day for him and to the Sox.

For once I wish the Cubs didn't suck so much, but the Tigers can't play crappy teams forever.

No sense in complaining about their schedule. They are playing the exact same teams we are in Interleague play. Its just that they are clicking every bit as well as we are.