Sox @ Jays - 8/6

Heads22

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 02:21 PM)
Your more than welcomed to go and ask for the job, since you think to know what move to make on every situation that the Sox are in.

Actually, I think most of us could do a pretty good job. These aren't difficult decisions to make, they're simple, easy moves.

In case you haven't noticed Ozzie leaves out starting pitchers way too long, it's not 2005 most of them can't go 7 innings without giving up 5 or 6 runs.

A managers job is to know what his players are capable of, this year he has done a horrible job of it.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 02:24 PM)
Am I seeing this right? Cleveland has left 18 (!!!) on base today? 18?!?!!?!

That horseshoe is firmly planted up the collective ass of the Detroit Tigers. I guess I now know how other teams' fans felt about us last season.

They've left 10, 18 is the combined total for every player.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 03:25 PM)
This game has pissed me off more than any all year.

Short-term memory? I seem to remember people saying this after nearly every single loss this year.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 02:25 PM)
The bullpen isn't good? Well, since our starting pitching isn't very good, I don't know why they should even play then.

You play cause you get paid to, ask yourself why you cry when something bad happends, why even watch then?

If you think ur Pen is good, I have a lakefront property to sale you in Arizona.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 02:26 PM)
Wow...I can name 20 other games off the top of my head which were more disturbing.

This one takes the cake because of what Ozzie recently said about taking pitchers out on a high note, and trying to get the team a win. He CLEARLY reverted back to his old self and left Jose out there. And it backfired, again, like ALWAYS.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 07:26 PM)
I said the same thing a few weeks ago. You really almost have to do the old "tip your cap" to the Tigers.

It's too bad they're in our division. You really have to admire how they're winning this season. They're playing like the Indians did the last 1/3 of the season last year, but they've kept that up almost all year. You can tell they expect to win games, even if they're down at the end. They wanted to upgrade in LF, but Craig Monroe has been great for them now.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 12:25 PM)
This game has pissed me off more than any all year.

I might start taking sunday games off. We rarely win, and we usually play like $hit as well. Not to mention, i dont want the Sox ruining my only day off.

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 02:25 PM)
Actually, I think most of us could do a pretty good job. These aren't difficult decisions to make, they're simple, easy moves.

You're spiffting me, right?

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 02:27 PM)
You play cause you get paid to, ask yourself why you cry when something bad happends, why even watch then?

If you think ur Pen is good, I have a lakefront property to sale you in Arizona.

Riiiigghhhtttt...

KC is leading 4-1 over the Twins, I'm pretty happy with a 6-4 road trip, then again this game isn't officially over yet.......

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 07:27 PM)
This one takes the cake because of what Ozzie recently said about taking pitchers out on a high note, and trying to get the team a win. He CLEARLY reverted back to his old self and left Jose out there. And it backfired, again, like ALWAYS.

Again, there are about 20 other games where Ozzie probably should have pulled the pitcher sooner than he did today.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 02:28 PM)
Again, there are about 20 other games where Ozzie probably should have pulled the pitcher sooner than he did today.

Agreed. But before those games, he always said I want my pitcher to get the win. In a recent interview, he talked about taking people out on a high note to give them some confidence, and get the team a win. It's 100% obvious he didn't do that today.

I finally thought Ozzie was learning how to manage, and it all relapsed today, apparently.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 02:28 PM)

Okay so maybe not most of us. I'm just frustrated

Honestly though heads, how many times has he let his starting pitchers in too long? It's happened more times than I can count this year.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 02:28 PM)
Who in our bullpen isn't reliable?

WTF have you been watching all year, Cotts has given up so many go ahead runs when he was in, so has McCarthy over the course. Thorton and Jenks have been are most consistent guys... you need all the arms to win not just 2-3 from the pen.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 02:29 PM)
This games over. Get em tomorrow boys

I'm sorry, but just fishing quit it. This get's really fishing old, especially when it turns out to be wrong more often than we think.