Sox @ Jays - 8/6

Heads22

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 12:12 PM)
Ozzie with another smart move of keeping a pitcher in so he could get the win.

And a dumb move by our infielder.

It's really unreal. Whats the point of having a good BP, if you dont Fukking use it when you should!!

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 02:13 PM)
Yay, bring in MacD with 2 outs and after a run already scored.

BRILLIANT

Remember, Ozzie is taking the pitchers out when they need to come out.

*plays his fiddle with glee*

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 03:13 PM)
So wait, you can only hit leadoff if you have hit leadoff before? You're logic is flawed. I didn't say acquire one of them, if you read the post correctly, I said acquire one like them. Find some guy with an OBP of like .380 hitting 8th in the order, and give him a shot at leadoff. .380 at the 8 spot is a waste to the extreme.

There are 25 players in baseball with an OBP above .370, and I'm willing to bet most of them are going nowhere, or are like Mark DeRosa and having a career year.

Players with high OBP's don't grow on trees.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 02:14 PM)
I just woke up can I have a summary of what went on please?

We dominated the first 3 innings, Jose pulled a Javy, Ozzie pulled an Ozzie, going back on his previous statements about getting the win for the team, and now we face a 2 run deficit, and the Jays have a good closer.

Oh, and our 6-7-8 hitters have pretty much sucked.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 07:15 PM)
Just cant give away these chances to sweep. Last year, all we had to do was win the series, and everything would work itself out. Its not 2005.

:cheers

We have got to win more than we lose in the next 2 weeks, plain and simple.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 02:14 PM)
One of my biggest complaints about Ozzie is he shows no urgency in the 7th or 8th inning of games when this team is losing. There have been so many times this year where we allow an insurance run in the 7th inning.

Exactly, the difference between being down 1 and 2 is absolutely huge, but when we are losing Ozzie just let's the game ride...when we are winning he micromanages like a mofo.

Edited by WHarris1

way to go macdougal

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 02:15 PM)
We dominated the first 3 innings, Jose pulled a Javy, Ozzie pulled an Ozzie, going back on his previous statements about getting the win for the team, and now we face a 2 run deficit, and the Jays have a good closer.

Oh, and our 6-7-8 hitters have pretty much sucked.

thanks

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 07:14 PM)
You're the one making the dumbass comments. Our offense would be so much better if we had a legit leadoff man, no matter how you look at it. And now you're just being stupid with the .500 OBP exaggeration.

Did I say that our offense wouldn't be better if we had a different leadoff man?

Look -- I've disliked Pods since last year. I disliked Podsednik since before it was "trendy" to like Podsednik, before it was "groupthink" to dislike Podsednik.

You said we don't have a real offense, despite the fact that we're best in the league in runs scored. I called you on that. Nothing more, nothing less. Don't say stupid things unless you can back them up.

Pathetic.

gosh darn gosh darn gosh darn gosh darn gosh darn

someone want to let ozzie know it's August and we have a 1/2 game wildcard lead?

meanwhile detroit is somehow still winning 1-0.

gosh darn 2006. This year sucks.

What a shocker, the bullpen lets an inherited runner score. Too bad there shouldn't have been any runners on when MacD should have come in. fishing Ozzie blowing another cose game wide open with his fishing dumbass managing.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 02:16 PM)
and cleveland leaves the bases loaded. dropping another game to everyone today. not good. Tigers sweep, sox can't. gosh darn.

Tigers don't play to win 2/3, they go for the wins. Shocking, I know.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 07:14 PM)
One of my biggest complaints about Ozzie is he shows no urgency in the 7th or 8th inning of games when this team is losing. There have been so many times this year where we allow an insurance run in the 7th inning.

How the gosh darn was this game Ozzie's fault? It's Ozzie's fault Iguchi doesn't have the range to get to that softly hit ball? It's Ozzie's fault Iguchi had a mental fart and didn't throw home?

You're reaching at best, here.

The 5th run was on pitch number 112 for our starter who wasnt sharp, but Ozzie wanted to get him the victory instead of team. He started the inning off with over 100 pitches, after letting him throw 123 last game.

Next time Ozzie, just let the fishing reliever start the inning. How many fishing times have we been burned with X pitcher starting an inning late. He already gave up a big inning.

Nice game all around today.

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 02:16 PM)
Cry some more fellas, theres your bullpen guy you wanted.

Yes bring him in with a runner in scoring position against one of the best hitters in the league...or let him start the inning against the spiff of the order...HMM