Sox Loss Postgame Thread

Shamrock4Life

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is the new closer going to be? My money is on MacDougal by the end of May.

Bobby has completely lost his velocity, and has shown me nothing to suggest it is going to come back.

And this isn't just a kneejerk reaction because I am actually pretty calm after such a terrible, terrible inning.

Remember that conversation this morning about late game defensive replacements? Even an average left fielder makes that catch with his back against the wall.

Just because Jenks was s*** and he was s***, he shouldn't be closing games at all right now does not excuse the RIDICULOUS defense of Scott Podsednik. If he makes the grab the game goes to extras with a chance to win it.

Guillen just stood there in the dugout with a towel around his neck hoping Jenks would save the game. He had his best defensive outfielder sitting on the bench.

If BA is in the game, Sox win.

Today, the difference between winning and losing was Guillen's poor non-move.

Too bad Anderson is rotting away on the bench too. It sucks to see such talent go to waste. We definitely need to trade him. I feel bad for the guy. He is too talented to not be playing.

Hell, I'd rather see him at AAA if Ozzie is going to be soooooo f***ing stubborn.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 04:55 AM)
Too bad Anderson is rotting away on the bench too. It sucks to see such talent go to waste. We definitely need to trade him. I feel bad for the guy. He is too talented to not be playing.

Hell, I'd rather see him at AAA if Ozzie is going to be soooooo f***ing stubborn.

Yep, we might as well send Anderson down now. The great Erstad is just doing too much at the plate for him to ever deserve more than a start every other week.

Jenks isn't that good.

I watched Papelbon work out of a 2 on 1 out jam the other night and save a game. Jenks has clean sacks and can't keep a very average team from teeing off on him.

This was a bad loss...Jenks should have blown it down. Garland and Mac went 8 damn innings and gave up 3 hits, sad-sack Jenks gave up 3 hits in less than an inning. Bla Bla Bla...blame it on Pods, but he was in left-field while Garland and Mac were easily rolling over a very average offensive team.

This loss is on Jenks and I want Mac in the closers role. Jenks is over-rated.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 11:55 PM)

We could trade him OR we could fire Guillen and obtain a manager who evaluates talent better.

QUOTE(shoota @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 11:55 PM)
Guillen just stood there in the dugout with a towel around his neck hoping Jenks would save the game. He had his best defensive outfielder sitting on the bench.

If BA is in the game, Sox win.

Today, the difference between winning and losing was Guillen's poor non-move.

How so? I missed Bradley and Piazza's AB's, so I might have missed something, but how would have BA given the Sox the W?

I assume you're talking about Pods non-catch in the walk-off flyball, but at that point, is was 1-1.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 04:57 AM)
But guys, guys,

Ozzie won us a world series!!!!!!1111!!!!!111!!!11

I love the ozzie backers.

I sleep better at night knowing that he won't be the manager of the Sox for too many more years. This offense has to start having better at-bats. Way too many guys looking like they've lost a step.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 11:56 PM)
As bad as Ozzie was tonight, there were many others reasons we lost this game. Jenks should be able to get Todd Walker out.

Todd Walker's a good hitter.

Too bad we don't having any defensive replacements for the outfield. I mean, we don't, do we? Cause there's no reason for them not to have been in.

I'm speechless. Just speechless.

Also, I'm pretty sure Pods could have thrown out the tying run if his throw hadn't been, like, 3 feet over AJ's head. At the very least I'd like to think BA woulda had a chance. Anyone concur?

Edited by effectivelywild

QUOTE(shoota @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 04:59 AM)
Todd Walker's a good hitter.

He has a better approach at the plate than 90 pct of our hitters.

What was a worse managerial decision:

- Not having a righty hit for Mackowiak in the 8th

- Not having Anderson in the game defensively

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 11:58 PM)
Well, it's only been 7 games, but at least KW looks like a genius for not extending Crede or Dye. :P

I wish Dye would make himself look good and guarantee us Class A compensation when he leaves. Watching Dye trudge through mud (aka field a ball in the outfield) is a hell of a lot easier when he's producing. Not the recent example of looking like a minor leaguer and failing to lay off insider pitches.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 11:59 PM)
How so? I missed Bradley and Piazza's AB's, so I might have missed something, but how would have BA given the Sox the W?

I assume you're talking about Pods non-catch in the walk-off flyball, but at that point, is was 1-1.

Bradley scored on a two out single to left that Pods airmailed over AJP's head. I contest BA would have thrown Bradley out.