Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If the PS3 really does drop $100 I am getting one

I was gonna go with the 360 just because it was cheaper, but for $100 less I can shell out the $500 to get it.. Plus the whole 33% failure rate and everyone I know with a 360 having problems with it thats not really something I want to deal with..

I think you can watch most of the E3 stuff at gamespot. You might have to be a member, but from a quick glance it looked like they were going to stream the video.

Also, for anyone considering a PS3, i've had one since launch and I still think it was worth it. The game selection has been pretty weak, but in the next 6 months it's all going to even out. I have to say though, I just tried Gears of War for the first time the other day...that looks like a pretty sick game. I love the camera angle when you run for cover. I thought about buying a 360, but with all the problems I dunno if it's worth it.

And for anyone with a Wii (something I'm also looking to buy but can't find anywhere), Resident Evil 4 is probably a must get.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 01:48 AM)
I don't know why anyone would buy a 360 now. 33% failure rate? Really, Microshft?

I'm gonna be the nerd who stands up for the 360. I've had no problems whatsoever with mines ever since i've gotten it. Sure 33% is alot...but they are extending the warranties for all 360's is what i've heard.

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 11:23 AM)
I'm gonna be the nerd who stands up for the 360. I've had no problems whatsoever with mines ever since i've gotten it. Sure 33% is alot...but they are extending the warranties for all 360's is what i've heard.

it sounded like the warranty is being bumped up to 3 years

QUOTE(BearSox @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 01:39 AM)
The price drop is about to happen sooner rather then later. In fact, try in 11 days...

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3160820

The price is going down 100 dollars on the 17th, same day NCAA Football 08 comes out. Believe me, it is worth it. The games aren't that good yet, but the graphics are terrific (better then the 360 in fabulous 1080p picture) and the system itself is very powerful and very convinent. Plus, since BluRay DVD's beat out HDDVD's, the PS3 will act as a bluray player at a fraction of the price of what a regular bluray player would cost.

Welcome to the dark side young jedi ;) :P

Also, just curious, how much are you gonna sell the 360 for? I need one for when Halo comes out...

How much are you willing to pay? I've got the $400 system, MLB 2K6, Call of Duty 2, and NHL 07, along with another wireless controller. I had Madden 07 and MLB 2K7, but those two got eaten. I could give you MLB 2K7 anyway but I doubt it works anymore because it has a huge circular scratch on it. I've already got an offer for $350. I've heard that that is the going rate. If you are willing to pay more PM me and tell me about it and we'll work something out. I'd trade you straight up for a 10 inch Dobsonian telescope, but I doubt you're intrested in astronomy, so you probably don't have one.

Edited by southsida86

QUOTE(whitesoxin @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 04:21 PM)
I'm playing MVP Baseball 2005 on PS2 right now. In my opinion it's the best baseball game ever made.

Trust me, most people, including me, agree with you on that! I play it all the the time on my xbox, even though my 360 is right next to it!

QUOTE(southsida86 @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 03:53 PM)
How much are you willing to pay? I've got the $400 system, MLB 2K6, Call of Duty 2, and NHL 07, along with another wireless controller. I had Madden 07 and MLB 2K7, but those two got eaten. I could give you MLB 2K7 anyway but I doubt it works anymore because it has a huge circular scratch on it. I've already got an offer for $350. I've heard that that is the going rate. If you are willing to pay more PM me and tell me about it and we'll work something out. I'd trade you straight up for a 10 inch Dobsonian telescope, but I doubt you're intrested in astronomy, so you probably don't have one.

well, I'm not interested right now, just wanted to see what the going rate was... And I don't have a telescope, but I did study astronomy... :D

QUOTE(whitesoxin @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 04:21 PM)
I'm playing MVP Baseball 2005 on PS2 right now. In my opinion it's the best baseball game ever made.

I would say MVP 2007 NCAA is better but since it is college, 2005 gets the nod...

also, I think MVP 2005 is not only THE best baseball game ever made, but in top 10 of all games ever made. I don't think I ever spent more time playing a different game.

QUOTE(Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 09:06 AM)
I think you can watch most of the E3 stuff at gamespot. You might have to be a member, but from a quick glance it looked like they were going to stream the video.

Also, for anyone considering a PS3, i've had one since launch and I still think it was worth it. The game selection has been pretty weak, but in the next 6 months it's all going to even out. I have to say though, I just tried Gears of War for the first time the other day...that looks like a pretty sick game. I love the camera angle when you run for cover. I thought about buying a 360, but with all the problems I dunno if it's worth it.

And for anyone with a Wii (something I'm also looking to buy but can't find anywhere), Resident Evil 4 is probably a must get.

The game selection is starting to pick up for the PS3. Resistance, Oblivion, Rainbow Six, Ninja Gaiden (which I just bought 10 minutes ago).

Also, if you're looking for a Wii, I'm pretty sure the Gamestop by me has some. I can check in to see if they do, if you'd like. Not sure where you live, but the Gamestop is by the Cell.

Edited by BobDylan

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 01:48 AM)
I don't know why anyone would buy a 360 now. 33% failure rate? Really, Microshft? How come both the other two are both able to put out systems with very minkimal problems Also, soru for any gammar erros. I just had surgerey and can't see or sleep, so I'm posting.

American made

that is the scenario here....Japan has always been better in the electronics/high tech gadgetry department.

Edited by TheBlackSox8

QUOTE(TheBlackSox8 @ Jul 7, 2007 -> 11:48 AM)
American made

that is the scenario here....Japan has always been better in the electronics/high tech gadgetry department.

360's and PS3's are both manufactured in China. Microsoft was just cheap on the heatsinks which they are rumored to be replacing in refurbished consoles. Of course you void your warranty if you open it up to check.

I still want to see a breakdown of the failures of launch units vs. the subsequent shipments. Mine was manufactured in May '06 and I've logged at least 200 hours on it with no problems. If you buy one, be aware that it's a hot and noisy console and needs alot of open space to be happy.

QUOTE(chimpy2121 @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 09:16 PM)
I can't wait for NCAA08. I got lucky about a week ago and bought it on ebgames.com with free overnight shipping.

First time in I believe 5 years that I will not be getting it..

I have an XBOX, I don't see why I would buy a $50 game when I know that I am going to have to get a PS3 or 360 within the next 5 months anyways.

I might break down and get it however, but I am not seeing the point

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Jul 9, 2007 -> 06:36 AM)
When is the PS3 price drop supposed to occur? On the ps3fanboy website it says effective immediately. However, sites like bestbuy.com still say $599. Anyone have any idea?

I posted a link ealier. It's probably in page 8. According to that link, it is suppossed to occur on July 17, same day when NCAA 08 comes out.

QUOTE(Shadows @ Jul 9, 2007 -> 02:39 AM)
First time in I believe 5 years that I will not be getting it..

I have an XBOX, I don't see why I would buy a $50 game when I know that I am going to have to get a PS3 or 360 within the next 5 months anyways.

I might break down and get it however, but I am not seeing the point

I'm pretty sure that there are no new games coming out for the Xbox, so you won't be tempted to buy it. Get a 360.

QUOTE(Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 9, 2007 -> 09:57 AM)
Wow, did anyone check out the new recruiting system for NCAA 08?

http://www.easports.com/ncaa08/

check out the media page and then view 'next gen recruiting.'

I saw that last night, and this is the reason i'm going to be getting this game! It's going to be unbelievable! There are so many new features in this game. The one i really like is the gang tackle feature, and the mid air collisions.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Jul 9, 2007 -> 01:54 PM)
I posted a link ealier. It's probably in page 8. According to that link, it is suppossed to occur on July 17, same day when NCAA 08 comes out.

I think their going to bump it up though. My guess is tomorrow and Sony will announce it at their press conference.

EDIT: Actually, it starts today.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE(Sonik22 @ Jul 9, 2007 -> 11:00 AM)
I'm pretty sure that there are no new games coming out for the Xbox, so you won't be tempted to buy it. Get a 360.

NCAA definitely is coming out on XBOX, hence my issue with not wanting to buy it since im going to have to get a new system here soon anyways..