White Sox vs. Twins, Game 1 of DH, 7/06/07 (L)

BearSox

QUOTE(diegotony06 @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 03:29 PM)
And this from Jayson Stark ESPN Insider

Jul 6 - According to ESPN.com's Jayson Stark, the White Sox are reportedly marketing Buehrle aggressively, but teams are balking at the price -- three players with two being prime-time prospects. Stark is also hearing that Boston might be getting back in on Buehrle and trying to expand the deal to include Julio Lugo.

This f***in blows!!!!!!! :angry:

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(diegotony06 @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 03:29 PM)

Jul 6 - According to ESPN.com's Jayson Stark, the White Sox are reportedly marketing Buehrle aggressively, but teams are balking at the price -- three players with two being prime-time prospects. Stark is also hearing that Boston might be getting back in on Buehrle and trying to expand the deal to include Julio Lugo.

Um, no. f*** that. If they want to toss in an extra A prospect in exchange for the Sox taking that contract off their hands then maybe but I don't want Lugo as a major part of any deal.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 01:30 PM)
This f***in blows!!!!!!! :angry:

Whoah...if the Red Sox throw some cash the Sox way and the deal enables the club to get Bucholtz, Ellsburry or someone else plus Willy Mo than I'd bite at the deal. With the Sox obviously taking Julio Lugo as well and Boston getting Juan Uribe or Tadahito.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 04:34 PM)
Whoah...if the Red Sox throw some cash the Sox way and the deal enables the club to get Bucholtz and Ellsburry or someone else I'd bite at the deal.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see the BoSox dealing Bucholtz...that guy is a stud.

Hahaha this game! First i was pissed, then it was just laughable, now i'm getting excited. i just remembered that i placed a bet in Vegas that a team would score 20 or more runs in a game this season. put 20 bucks on it going off at 11 to 1. Come on Sox bullpen!

following from the Cubicle this game must be really painful to watch...I think the team is trying to make the case that we need to trade buehrle and showing just how many holes we need to fill.

On other news hopefully the twins can't resign hunter, would be great to see him out of the central.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 03:34 PM)
Whoah...if the Red Sox throw some cash the Sox way and the deal enables the club to get Bucholtz, Ellsburry or someone else plus Willy Mo than I'd bite at the deal. With the Sox obviously taking Julio Lugo as well and Boston getting Juan Uribe or Tadahito.

I don't care who they throw our way. I want Mark on this team. Not getting it done when it's this close is ridiculous.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 03:32 PM)
Um, no. f*** that. If they want to toss in an extra A prospect in exchange for the Sox taking that contract off their hands then maybe but I don't want Lugo as a major part of any deal.

Whatever happens with this situation. The Whitesox could not have handled this any worse. I've lost alot of respect for this ORG. through all this.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 03:37 PM)
Well, at least this game should dissolve any illusions of this team being competitive this season. Not that there were any to begin with.

nah, whenever we win a couple games in a row, seems like that's when you see all the unusually optimistic threads popping up about us having a chance. we play a terrible game, and people speak as if they've never given this team a chance all year and that they've predicted a season-long streak of below average ball

QUOTE(PoopsThompson @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 03:39 PM)
Holy shiiietttt, i just popped in to check the score, is this for real? The hell happened?!

judy's baaaaaaaack

QUOTE(PoopsThompson @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 04:45 PM)
pinchrunning in the 7th for a guy that's 3 for 3, when you're down 10?

Why not..game is over. Don't want PK to get hurt running the bases...if we lost him, we may very well lose 40 or 50 games in a row.

QUOTE(diegotony06 @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 03:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for posting this, interesting info.

It's all speculation anyways but Stark generally has his ear to the ground. None of these people have the true scoop but Stark is one of the better ones.