Official Squared Circle Thread

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Soxfest @ Oct 2, 2007 -> 09:05 AM)
It is legit he is going to see Dr. James Andrews today looks like a pectoral tear. Hail Orton in a quick match at No Mercy for the belt.

Oh, dear Lord.....an Orton squash for the strap????

I'm going to have to coat my computer in plastic wrap to prevent it from the drool coming off this site!

Remember, kids, it's National Sarcasm Month!!!

:D

QUOTE(Brian @ Oct 2, 2007 -> 08:37 AM)
I don't know. It looked pretty legit last night.

How did Lance Cade get up and walk after Hardy's Swanton landed square on his ribs with no support. Yikes.

Cade did seem to get his arms across his body in time. What an awful botch on the Swanton.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Oct 2, 2007 -> 10:55 AM)
Oh, dear Lord.....an Orton squash for the strap????

I'm going to have to coat my computer in plastic wrap to prevent it from the drool coming off this site!

Remember, kids, it's National Sarcasm Month!!!

:D

They could do something at the beginning of the match where Cena would hurt his chest, if it is indeed bad, and work off that for 20 minutes until ORTON WINS!!!!!!

Critic, you know you'll mark!

QUOTE(Brian @ Oct 2, 2007 -> 11:11 AM)
They could do something at the beginning of the match where Cena would hurt his chest, if it is indeed bad, and work off that for 20 minutes until ORTON WINS!!!!!!

Critic, you know you'll mark!

You typed that, but I read this:

Cena injury coming down the ramp

20 minutes of chinlocks

RKO out of nowhere

:P :D

If they want to preserve the Invincible Cena, they can either do your scenario or have Coachman come back and persuade Regal to strip Cena of the belt, setting up a showdown of the #1 contender (Orton) and the #2 contender (H, maybe?) for the title later in the PPV.

(H probably wouldn't lay down for Orton so soon after coming back from the injury, but they could throw some other guy in there...Cody Rhodes, perhaps?)

If the pectoral tear is true, and Cena's gonna be out for a while - which is BAD for business btw - and Orton wins - the question will always hang over Orton - he only won because Cena got hurt.

Unless Cena can't even make the PPV - then what will they do? Throw in Kennedy (make it heel v heel), make the Triple H/Umaga a triple threat, throw in the IC champ (who doesn't have a match at this point), or do an injury angle. Either way, this is bad news.

PWInsider:

WWE champion John Cena was diagnosed with a complete tear of his right pectoral muscle today by Dr. James Andrews and is expected to be out 6-8 months following surgery. As first reported last night on PWInsider.com, Cena suffered the tear during a hiptoss spot in the Raw main event against the returning Ken Kennedy. That would put Cena back at the earliest in April (meaning he will miss Wrestlemania) and at the worst, June 2008.

John Cena will be stripped of the WWE championship with a new champion slated to be crowned this Sunday at the No Mercy PPV in Chicago.

Breaking News: John Cena Out 6-8 Months

Story posted by Ryan Clark on October 02, 2007

The following is from WWE.com.

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. – WWE Champion John Cena has suffered a complete tear of his right pectoral tendon and is heading into surgery, according to noted orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews. Because of the seriousness of the injury, WWE officials will not allow Cena to compete this Sunday at No Mercy, and he will have no choice but to surrender the title.

Dr. Andrews said Cena could miss between six and eight months of action. Cena was injured during his match Monday night on Raw with Mr. Kennedy. Before visiting Dr. Andrews, Cena had said, “No matter how serious, the injury, one way or another I’ll be ready to compete on Sunday.”

But despite Cena’s vow, WWE officials will not allow him to compete at No Mercy. Therefore, he must surrender the WWE Championship.

WWE officials vow that there will be a WWE Championship Match this Sunday at No Mercy and a new WWE Champion will be crowned.

Anybody else see HHH winning the belt on Sunday?

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE(Soxfest @ Oct 2, 2007 -> 02:21 PM)
Breaking News: John Cena Out 6-8 Months

Story posted by Ryan Clark on October 02, 2007

The following is from WWE.com.

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. – WWE Champion John Cena has suffered a complete tear of his right pectoral tendon and is heading into surgery, according to noted orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews. Because of the seriousness of the injury, WWE officials will not allow Cena to compete this Sunday at No Mercy, and he will have no choice but to surrender the title.

Dr. Andrews said Cena could miss between six and eight months of action. Cena was injured during his match Monday night on Raw with Mr. Kennedy. Before visiting Dr. Andrews, Cena had said, “No matter how serious, the injury, one way or another I’ll be ready to compete on Sunday.”

But despite Cena’s vow, WWE officials will not allow him to compete at No Mercy. Therefore, he must surrender the WWE Championship.

WWE officials vow that there will be a WWE Championship Match this Sunday at No Mercy and a new WWE Champion will be crowned.

Anybody else see HHH winning the belt on Sunday?

dude, read above - I already posted it.

What's a pay-per-view without a good old Battle Royal for the title. Have it come down to Triple H, Kennedy and Orton. Then....have Triple H get screwed by Orton for the title setting things up for any combonation of the three

Edited by juddling

QUOTE(juddling @ Oct 2, 2007 -> 06:17 PM)
What's a pay-per-view without a good old Battle Royal for the title. Have it come down to Triple H, Kennedy and Orton. Then....have Triple H get screwed by Orton for the title setting things up for any combonation of the three

If it is a Battle Royale, I may have to get the PPV if I don't end up going.

Kurt Angle likey the drinky!

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/2007_/arti.../1191454290.php

Kurt Angle, the former WWE and current TNA wrestling star, was charged with DUI and careless driving after being pulled over on the afternoon of September 28.

Angle was arrested at his home in Moon Township, Penn. after a witness spotted a white Cadillac Escalade driving erratically after pulling out of a local bar. The registration of that vehicle led police to Angle's home, where cops say he admitted to driving the vehicle and that he had just left the bar in question.

Officers then say Angle showed "signs of intoxication," and they administered a field sobriety test, which he failed. Angle was then placed under arrest and taken to a local hospital where he refused to take a blood test.

No future hearing has been set.

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Oct 7, 2007 -> 01:15 AM)
ROH SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nigel McGuinness is your new ROH Champion. I'm actually surprised by this.

ROH fans, where would you rank Morishima's reign?

Glad to see them finally pull the trigger on Nigel. He's ridiculously over.

As for 'Shima, he seemed like a transitional champ when he got the belt off Homicide. I didn't really like him at the start but he really got to grow on me in the style of dominant matches a la Samoa Joe.

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 7, 2007 -> 09:54 PM)
A great main event, in my opinion. Disappointing to not see Jericho tonight, but hopefully he's on soon.

Was just about to post the same thing. Great Last Man Standing between HHH and Orton. Lots of drama and great psychology.

Not to mention RANDY ORTON IS CHAMPION!! And he won clean.