White Sox vs. Tigers, 8/05/07 (W)

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 03:56 PM)
And it really doesn't matter if people want him, you cannot argue the fact that people

What does that have to do with anything? I guess attending some 50-60 games I would have no clue what Sox fans think

pay to see Barry Bonds play, period.

Uh, yes I can. People will not buy a ticket just to see bonds. Thinking they will is asinine.

You go to 60 games a year? good for you. obviously if you think they want bonds on the team, you have no idea what sox fans think

Edited by mr_genius

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 03:58 PM)
But why would you ignore his most impressive statistic and the reason he would be a perfect fit?

AL pitchers will not walk Bonds to get to Konerko, or Thome. His OBP would be WAY lower batting 3rd or 4th on the sox

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 03:58 PM)
Uh, yes I can. People will not buy a ticket just to see bonds. Thinking they will is asinine.

You go to 60 games a year? good for you.

So the Giants are behind only the Red Sox, Mets, and Yankees in road attendance because people want to see Omar Vizquel and Pedro Feliz?

The Giants attendance is still ridiculously high because of their battle for 1st place and their desire to catch Randy Winn's quest for a .300 avg?

No, it's because Barry Bonds.

And thank you. :) I don't think people WANT Barry Bonds, I think they will PAY to see him. History and facts are on my side there.

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 09:01 PM)
AL pitchers will not walk Bonds to get to Konerko, or Thome. His OBP would be WAY lower batting 3rd or 4th on the sox

Yep, they'll pitch to him. And instead of the 20 (?) homers he's at now, he'd be at 30, because the park he'd be playing in is WAY more friendly than SBC. Bonds would make a lot of friends with the people on the RF concourse as well as the people with seats by the LF bullpen. He'd be playing pepper with Art Kushyner all year long.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 04:01 PM)

And in turn he will get great pitches to hit. This year he does not get s*** to hit so all he can do is walk, or try and do something with the 2 pitches he sees over the plate, and even the most disciplined of hitters will struggle at times when they aren't getting anything to drive.

QUOTE(joesaiditstrue @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 01:55 PM)
you can look at numerous players who've used PED's, and none of them have accomplished what barry has, that's a testament to his skill, not the drug's he supposedly used

There's another issue here. There is no double-blind study out there of what every system of PED's and every variety and type of them does with a specific person. For example, there are some drugs like Winstrol (What Raffy was on) that can help you increase your strength, but don't necessarily make your whole body explode like THG did.

Different bodies will respond in different ways to being loaded full of these drugs. Some bodies will add an enormous amount of mass, others may add less. Some may stay healthy, others may develop a wierd non-malignant cancer and collapse upon the stress.

Bonds's skill probably plays some role. But another key role was played by how his body reacted to the regimen of PED's that he was on. Not every person reacts to a drug in the same way, especially when it's a gigantic, untested program of experimental, non FDA approved steroids designed to beat drug testing.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 04:06 PM)
This year he does not get s*** to hit so all he can do is walk, or try and do something with the 2 pitches he sees over the plate, and even the most disciplined of hitters will struggle at times when they aren't getting anything to drive.

Clearly.... it wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that he is 43 years old.

I just got off the phone with Brooks Boyer.... and he loves your guys idea.... he is even parlaying a Bonds signing into a new in-game-feature.

You heard about the Sausage race in Milwaukee well the cell will feature... "The Slow mother f***er race" where Bonds, Thome, Konerko, and AJ all partake in various situations where speed would be beneficial... but get thrown out because they are all slow motherf***ers.

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 04:18 PM)
I just got off the phone with Brooks Boyer.... and he loves your guys idea.... he is even parlaying a Bonds signing into a new in-game-feature.

You heard about the Sausage race in Milwaukee well the cell will feature... "The Slow mother f***er race" where Bonds, Thome, Konerko, and AJ all partake in various situations where speed would be beneficial... but get thrown out because they are all slow motherf***ers.

good, then the outfielder can try him throw them out at home as they circle the bases after hitting a combined 120 homers between the 4 of them.

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 04:18 PM)

Alternatively we could go with the good D/fast guy plan and have a contest to see which guy out of Jerry Owens/Ryan Sweeney/other grinders we sign can get an OPS over .750 first.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 02:24 PM)
Alternatively we could go with the good D/fast guy plan and have a contest to see which guy out of Jerry Owens/Ryan Sweeney/other grinders we sign can get an OPS over .750 first.

And the prize will be...the $16 million we'll save by going with those guys compared to mr. tetrahydrogestrinone.