American Gladiators

Buehrle>Wood

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me and my great ability to stay hooked on TV shows continues. I had planned to watch this again last night...but I just...yeah...found other things to occupy my time. We are all finding the dialogue from the "Gladiators" painful...right? That was what always killed the old show for me. If it would go for more "real sports" and less "pro-wrestling" I think it would be worlds better. But as is, you have the contestant who is grounded in reality, and then these wacky cartoon characters that make it hard to watch. If it fails it will be because the non-wrestling fan is having a hard time watching it. Lose Hulk (please people, stop employing this guy), take it a little more seriously, and I would love the show.

The show will get better when it gets its feet under it. Right now they are just going for the ratings and pops from the crowd, so everything is overly dramatic and forced.

Anyone notice Big Country waiting for Adonis to catch up, and purposefully dropping the rope on the down-ramp? I wasnt a fan of it.

And what the heck, how can they underuse Helga? That girl should be on most of the events

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jan 8, 2008 -> 02:12 PM)
The show will get better when it gets its feet under it. Right now they are just going for the ratings and pops from the crowd, so everything is overly dramatic and forced.

Anyone notice Big Country waiting for Adonis to catch up, and purposefully dropping the rope on the down-ramp? I wasnt a fan of it.

And what the heck, how can they underuse Helga? That girl should be on most of the events

Which events? I'm not convinced she would be any good at anything besides Gauntlet and maybe Assault.