25 Worst Rappers Of All Time

knightni

as someone who listens to rap quite a bit i have a major problem with Nelly being on the list. Yes, he has become very "pop-ish" but i can name a hundred rappers who are worse than him. Also, for his time MC Hammer was quite popular, i'm not sure he belongs there, especially so high.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Apr 18, 2008 -> 07:17 PM)
Im not sure who sand the Laffy Taffy but if theyre not on the list the list isnt valid.

I'm not sure how Soulja Boy is not on that list... he is a prime suspect in the murder of hip-hop

Every current, 1-hit wonder, mainstream rapper needs to be on this list. Rappers are getting worse and worse. Even the guy so many people hail as the best is terrible. Yes, I'm talking about Lil' Wayne. There are so many terrible rappers right now.

Hurricane Chris, Soulja Boy, Lil Wayne, J-Kwon, Chingy, Rich Boy, Mims, anyone in G-Unit or Cash Money...

The best rappers that are currently semi-active are Jay-Z, Nas, Ludacris, Lupe Fiasco, Kanye West, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, T.I., and Eminem will always be one of the best. Andre 3000 is a really underrated rapper too.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 21, 2008 -> 04:17 PM)
Every current, 1-hit wonder, mainstream rapper needs to be on this list. Rappers are getting worse and worse. Even the guy so many people hail as the best is terrible. Yes, I'm talking about Lil' Wayne. There are so many terrible rappers right now.

Hurricane Chris, Soulja Boy, Lil Wayne, J-Kwon, Chingy, Rich Boy, Mims, anyone in G-Unit or Cash Money...

The best rappers that are currently semi-active are Jay-Z, Nas, Ludacris, Lupe Fiasco, Kanye West, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, T.I., and Eminem will always be one of the best. Andre 3000 is a really underrated rapper too.

Lil Wayne's "A Millie" is probably the worst song I have ever heard, ever, regardless of genre.

Lil Wayne belongs no where near that list at all. And one hit wonder? What? The Block is Hot hit the top of the billboard charts about a decade ago. His only problem is that he releases 10 times the amount of stuuf as the next guy, so there is going to be some terrible stuff in there. But he has one of the better rap albums released this decade in The Carter II.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 21, 2008 -> 08:12 PM)
Lil Wayne belongs no where near that list at all. And one hit wonder? What? The Block is Hot hit the top of the billboard charts about a decade ago. His only problem is that he releases 10 times the amount of stuuf as the next guy, so there is going to be some terrible stuff in there. But he has one of the better rap albums released this decade in The Carter II.

Agreed, and it'll only get better with The Carter III. Not only does he basically live in the studio, but more often than not he's putting out quality material.

I was gonna argue with the list seeing as it doesn't include any of the garbage rap (you know, those guys who use that techno voice effect, and so on) but then I realized the writer of the list probably doesn't recognize them as legitimate enough to count so I withheld my objections. Besides, theres so many of them you would probably have no trouble filling up a "100 worst" list with rappers whose moniker begins with "Young". What a sad state rap is in today. Seems to me Wu-Tang needs to step back up with a brand new classic to shame the current crop.

RIP ODB