I'm absolutely embarassed

whitesoxfan101

The one thing I said about this team all year if they aren't very good, but they play hard. Well, they didn't even play hard the last three days, and it'd be hard to argue they have at all this month. We probably only score one run tonight if not for self induced mistakes by Minnesota, so don't give me that either. Outside of Mark Buehrle, every single player on the team choked and failed the last three days. Major changes are absolutely essential this offseason. This team may have some guys with rings, but they are just a bunch of losers. Carlos Quentin is the man who started the wheels of destroying our season in motion, but boy the rest of the team did a great job of finishing it off. There isn't much this team could do this offseason to upset me outsiding of getting rid of Floyd, Danks, Ramirez, or Quentin (as long as he promises not to destroy anymore of our seasons through not thinking), and that includes firing Kenny or Ozzie. I'm not even that angry, this team is a joke, an embarassment, and should not be allowed into the playoffs without buying tickets. Angry isn't the word, embarassed is. Embarassed to be a White Sox fan, for the first time in my life. I figured there will be plenty of irrational anger threads, so I tried to keep this as rational as possible. If you want to try to do the same, go ahead.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 10:29 PM)
The one thing I said about this team all year if they aren't very good, but they play hard. Well, they didn't even play hard the last three days, and it'd be hard to argue they have at all this month. We probably only score one run tonight if not for self induced mistakes by Minnesota, so don't give me that either. Outside of Bobby Jenks, every single player on the team choked and failed the last three days. Major changes are absolutely essential this offseason. This team may have some guys with rings, but they are just a bunch of losers. Carlos Quentin is the man who started the wheels of destroying our season in motion, but boy the rest of the team did a great job of finishing it off. There isn't much this team could do this offseason to upset me outsiding of getting rid of Floyd, Danks, Ramirez, or Quentin (as long as he promises not to destroy anymore of our seasons through not thinking), and that includes firing Kenny or Ozzie. I'm not even that angry, this team is a joke, an embarassment, and should not be allowed into the playoffs without buying tickets. Angry isn't the word, embarassed is. Embarassed to be a White Sox fan, for the first time in my life. I figured there will be plenty of irrational anger threads, so I tried to keep this as rational as possible. If you want to try the same, go ahead.

Bobby Jenks failed miserably tonight

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 10:34 PM)
With the tone this week has set, it's setting up for something very bad to happen in a month from now.

Come on fathom, those losers has nothing to do with this. They are going to have their own problems in the postseason. At least they'll be in it though, beats what we have.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 26, 2008 -> 03:37 AM)
Come on fathom, those losers has nothing to do with them. They are going to have their own problems in the postseason. At least they'll be in it though, beats what we have.

I don't know, just a terrible vibe. Kinda like when the Sox blew that game against the Royals on opening day back in 2004...I knew my Yellow Jackets had no chance against UCONN later in that night in the national championship (of course, Okafor/Gordon/Villanueva/Boone might have had something to do with it).

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 10:34 PM)
With the tone this week has set, it's setting up for something very bad to happen in a month from now.

Any changes to this team at this point would be a positive IMO

You know you're not going to see the cheap guys get traded, and they're our best players

The only guys to get dumped would be the overpaid homerun-or-nothing "sluggers", and then guys like Mark or Javy would be potential trade-bait

I would be upset if Mark was traded, but everyone else that's realistically tradable I wouldn't shed a tear

The other thing I know will come from the holier than thou, "rational" fans is 'Well, if Quentin hadn't got hurt, we'd have won this division by several games'. Are they right? Probably, but first off, f*** that guy for hurting himself by punching a bat. At this point, I don't care if it was an accident, what a f***ing idiot he is. Second, this team has still choked. We have proven time and time again that we can't win a close race in September for many years now (unless of course, we blow a 15 game lead and manage to avoid the greatest collapse in sports history). This team has no balance, large parts of it's core are washed up, and significant change is needed. We have some nice building blocks, but unless significant change is made, 2005 will not have any shot at repeating itself anytime soon.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

This wasn't even a question of ability, it's a question of pride and manhood. I'm trying to be rational, but I'm honestly pissed at this team right now. It's one thing to lose because you suck... it's another to have the ability, and then mentally fold. Nut up guys. You have precious little time to redeem yourselves.

What would drive me absolutely insane is if I hear either of the two points:

1. Quentin, Crede, Contreras would have made a difference. Even if it's true, they still had a 2 1/2 game lead entering the series in Minnesota. It was entirely in their hands. And I don't believe anyone would doubt it's more than a lack of talent. These players act scared on the field. Am I supposed to believe Minnesota is unstoppable at home? They've lost games there this year.

2. No one expected us to be this good. Yes, that's true -- but that's the mindset of the baseball retarded. For the first few months you could have used this line to get through tough losses, but it has become obvious this team isn't last years. They CHOKED. If Williams is like any of us he should be looking at major changes to this roster. How can anyone take anymore of this for another season?

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 26, 2008 -> 03:43 AM)
Wise has been exposed for the 5th outfielder that he is. And how do you not get 1 f***ing run off of that bullpen?

Changes are needed and I wouldn't be surprised to see a few heads roll.

This is what I was screaming about at my vehicle windshield tonight.. We have guys playing out of their roles. Wise is a good fill in/4th or 5th outfielder and not a starter. Where was Anderson? Why was Swisher benched? Why bring in your closer with one out of the 8th? Why leave Thornton in for basically that third inning. Where was our clutch hitting? It has just been a poor three games and really a poor performance before that too.

Edited by elrockinMT

What would drive me absolutely insane is if I hear either of the two points:

1. Quentin, Crede, Contreras would have made a difference. Even if it's true, they still had a 2 1/2 game lead entering the series in Minnesota. It was entirely in their hands. And I don't believe anyone would doubt it's more than a lack of talent. These players act scared on the field. Am I supposed to believe Minnesota is unstoppable at home? They've lost games there this year.

2. No one expected us to be this good. Yes, that's true -- but that's the mindset of the baseball retarded. For the first few months you can use this line to get through tough losses, but it has become obvious this team isn't last years. They CHOKED. If Williams is like any of us he should be looking at major changes to this roster. How can anyone take anymore of this for another season?

Uh, Flash... this is your cue, sir...

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 09:59 PM)
Ozzie was quite thoroughly outmanaged in this series too. I still don't understand why the lines weren't being guarded for Span's triple.

Especially since Konerko was holding on Gomez and should have been close to the line anyways. The problem appeared to be that before the pitch was thrown he moved towards second base, then had to scurry his slow ass back towards the line to catch it. Obviously failing miserably.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 10:03 PM)
Especially since Konerko was holding on Gomez and should have been close to the line anyways. The problem appeared to be that before the pitch was thrown he moved towards second base, then had to scurry his slow ass back towards the line to catch it. Obviously failing miserably.

Konerko could stay or leave, I could care less either way really. He's better than what he's been this season, but whatever.