(Color)-Out Games

So, the Sox ran a Blackout for the 163rd game and the entire playoffs.

Today I hear the Bears are declaring an "Orangeout" for this weekends game since the Bears will be in the Orange Unis.

Could this be Chicago's new trademark? Blue-out for important Cubs games. Red-outs for important Bulls and Blackhawks games.

Just a thought.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Oct 17, 2008 -> 07:16 PM)
So, the Sox ran a Blackout for the 163rd game and the entire playoffs.

Today I hear the Bears are declaring an "Orangeout" for this weekends game since the Bears will be in the Orange Unis.

Could this be Chicago's new trademark? Blue-out for important Cubs games. Red-outs for important Bulls and Blackhawks games.

Just a thought.

I think doing it for Bears games would be virtually impossible. Not alot of people have orange coats.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Oct 17, 2008 -> 07:31 PM)
I think doing it for Bears games would be virtually impossible. Not alot of people have orange coats.

no doubt there. I'm not even sure I liek the idea of other teams stealing the Sox idea. But if we make it a Chicago thing, it might be kind of cool.

but yea, cold weather outdoor games kinda screw that up.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Oct 17, 2008 -> 07:31 PM)

A 60,000 person crowd, all wearing solid blaze orange hunting jackets could be the coolest (color)-out ever.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Oct 17, 2008 -> 07:53 PM)
A 60,000 person crowd, all wearing solid blaze orange hunting jackets could be the coolest (color)-out ever.

That would be pretty bad.

I think if everyone at a Bears game wore white would be sweet.

It's virtually impossible due to weather, though. You see tons of people at games wearing whatever makes them warm (yellow, red, etc.), but it'd be cool to see them play 1 home game in a dome to see all white, blue, and orange, similar to how everyone in Indy can wear their jerseys.

I'd like the idea more if it had originated here, but so many other teams in so many other cities have already been there and done that.

It just feels insincere to me at this point, but I must say... when you have 40,50,60K people all wearing the same color it looks amazing.

Illinois has done "Paint the [Assembly] Hall Orange" nights for hoops and its been awesome.

FWIW, I think this should be reserved for playoff games, or at least hugely important divisional/conference games, or else it loses its luster. The Bears doing it in October against the Vikings doesn't get me too excited.

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 18, 2008 -> 12:40 AM)
The Cubs will have "Blow Out" Day next year.

All fans at Wrigley in attendance will be dressed like members of the L.A. Dodgers.

A better version of this joke follows:

The Cubs could have a Blue-Out Day because the Dodgers blew them out 3 times in a row.

:P

QUOTE (Felix @ Oct 17, 2008 -> 11:49 PM)
Penn State did a white out years ago for a game against Ohio State, and have continued with it for other games. It looks awesome.

white1js9.gif

That looks like the Republican National Convention :lolhitting

It does look pretty cool, no matter the color.