ST: 3/05 Gm1 SS Sox @ LAD

knightni

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 5, 2009 -> 08:56 PM)
Russell..oh the horror. I'm telling you, Franklyn German may make this team.

I said this last week...the Sox should have tried and acquired one more arm for the bullpen this offseason. We're an injury to Linebrink away to sure horror out there from the right side.

QUOTE (tommy @ Mar 5, 2009 -> 02:53 PM)
I'd love to have Brian but unless something happens Jerry will simply outplay him this spring.

Which is why spring training competitions are f***ing retarded. We already know what both players are capable of, a few meaningless March ABs don't change a player's potential and are not a precursor to future success. In a perfect world managers would do away with spring competitions and award the job to the player who gives the team the best chance at winning.

I guess everyone left this game thread. I'm actually watching both games while working. Via IE and Mozilla. One situation in which I'll use IE. Yuck. Anyway, Sox with the lead now.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Mar 5, 2009 -> 03:18 PM)
That's the first AB of Viciedo I've seen. He swings looked rather impatient, based on the 2 junk pitches he swung at. Is he a K machine?

Just getting used to breaking balls, but im sure he is a hacker like Alexei.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Mar 5, 2009 -> 02:18 PM)
That's the first AB of Viciedo I've seen. He swings looked rather impatient, based on the 2 junk pitches he swung at. Is he a K machine?

He reminds me of many other Cuban/Dominican players, as in he seems like a pretty free-swinger. But when he makes contact he REALLY puts some wood on it. It seems like every contact he makes has that crack like it's gone. I'm not sure on his stats, but he doesn't seem like a K machine to me.

Beckham has a GREAT swing. That got out of here in a hurry. Sox up 4-2

Edit: I thought his swing looked very fluid and he followed through well, it may have just appeared like that on this stream though.

Edited by Cowch

QUOTE (Cowch @ Mar 5, 2009 -> 03:28 PM)
Beckham has a GREAT swing. That got out of here in a hurry. Sox up 4-2

Edit: I thought his swing looked very fluid and he followed through well, it may have just appeared like that on this stream though.

I thought he Sheffielded it a bit.

QUOTE (ChesterCopperpot @ Mar 5, 2009 -> 02:29 PM)
Damnit. I missed Slayer's homer.

Just use IE and Mozilla like me. That way you can watch both, provided you can handle the bandwidth.