Sox vs. Angels 5/27/09 9:05

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Reddy @ May 28, 2009 -> 12:01 AM)
AJ sucks at hitting.

3-0 with a wild as f*** pitcher, you take 2. goddamn.

I'd honestly bench him for this s***. Teach him a lesson. Who does that? Who ever thinks swinging their is a good idea? Oh, right. AJ "f***ing" Pierzynski.

AJP swung at a 3-1 count with a runner on down 2. That's perfectly acceptable. He chased a bad pitch. It's not the first time and it won't be the last. We didn't do enough to win this game, so let's be happy we won the series and enjoy tomorrow.

AJP swung at a 3-1 count with a runner on down 2. That's perfectly acceptable. He chased a bad pitch. It's not the first time and it won't be the last. We didn't do enough to win this game, so let's be happy we won the series and enjoy tomorrow.

Shouldn't a catcher recognize a bad pitch when he sees one?

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ May 28, 2009 -> 04:12 AM)
Shouldn't a catcher recognize a bad pitch when he sees one?

It's not like it was 2 ft off the plate. Fuentes gets a lot of hitters to chase his bad pitches due to his funky arm angle. I'm more pissed that Anderson went after such a bad pitch on the 0-0. He seems to be struggling in important situations (and he always has).

QUOTE (fathom @ May 27, 2009 -> 11:17 PM)
It's not like it was 2 ft off the plate. Fuentes gets a lot of hitters to chase his bad pitches due to his funky arm angle. I'm more pissed that Anderson went after such a bad pitch on the 0-0. He seems to be struggling in important situations (and he always has).

It was neck-high. Just a horrible pitch to swing at. It's 3-1, you HAVE to know not to swing since he was 3-1 unless it's right down the pipe.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 28, 2009 -> 04:20 AM)
It was neck-high. Just a horrible pitch to swing at. It's 3-1, you HAVE to know not to swing since he was 3-1 unless it's right down the pipe.

I'm more surprised he took 4 straight pitches. It's just AJP being AJP. Did anyone else notice how good Cleveland's hitting now? Mercy, we're playing better, and we're close to being in last place. Be nice to catch up to KC this weekend.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 28, 2009 -> 12:24 AM)
I'm more surprised he took 4 straight pitches. It's just AJP being AJP. Did anyone else notice how good Cleveland's hitting now? Mercy, we're playing better, and we're close to being in last place. Be nice to catch up to KC this weekend.

Did you hear the interview with Mark Derosa on Waddle and Silvy? He sounded like he was ready to kill himself.

Edited by Thunderbolt

QUOTE (fathom @ May 27, 2009 -> 09:17 PM)

sad, but true.

I'd honestly bench him for this s***. Teach him a lesson. Who does that? Who ever thinks swinging their is a good idea? Oh, right. AJ "f***ing" Pierzynski.

And play Sparky? I mean Corky?

Too bad our bats sucked tonight. So bad. Some guys had been swinging so well. Inconsistent crap. We better keep winning 2 of 3. Detroit is close to putting us to bed.

Disappointed to see Ramirez try and pull everything again yesterday. He's gotta learn he isn't a big power hitter and can't try and pull everything.

Some of those pitches he rolled over on, all he had to do was poke them into RF.

Good series, between last year and this series hopefully the Sox are putting that ridiculous trend where out west was a black hole. I'm in the boat with the people that were dissapointed in AJ's and even BA's ABs last night, this team does tend to help out pitchers a little too much, but if they keep winning series they'll be in the hunt this year.

Gavin got the loss, but it was a good effort, would like to see him not take that slide step with a guy on second and attack the hitter, but 3 runs in 8 innings with his stuff looking a hell of a lot better in his last two starts is a good sign.