Whitesox Frustration

rokimar

In your eyes, which whitesox management decisions frustrated you the most as a fan? Even if they worked out in the end.

some that come to mind...

- Wise starting over BA

- 1rst round draft picks Broadway, McCulloch

- Mackowiak in center

BA is the only one to get mad about. The other 2 you can't really blame them.

BA should be playing everyday until we officially call him "washed up" or solid enough to start. Having him platoon with Wise f***s makes me so incredibly mad. Let him f***ing play.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 02:57 PM)
BA is the only one to get mad about. The other 2 you can't really blame them.

BA should be playing everyday until we officially call him "washed up" or solid enough to start. Having him platoon with Wise f***s makes me so incredibly mad. Let him f***ing play.

Hasnt he been playing everyday?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 03:06 PM)
Hasnt he been playing everyday?

He was, and doing fine might I add, but now Wise is back.

This is the final test, if he has the flu and goes back to 95% starting in a few days, then fine. If he platoons with Wise for the rest of the season, its over for him. Its the one thing I can't stand about Ozzie: far too loyal and far too unforgiving for stupid s***.

I just can't understand the logic. How can you expect a guy who isn't a great hitter to begin with, to get his swing right when he only plays 50% of the f***ing time? And then when he does suck, say "well we gave him a shot and it didn't work out" No, you didn't give him a shot. You set him up for failure.

Edited by Jenksy Cat

Letting Pablo Ozuna go.

Extending Javy Vasquez and then failing to trade him for higher value.

Thinking Jerry Owens is a baseball player, let alone Major League quality.

Continuing to sign ex-Royals pitchers thinking Coop can fix them. (At least Carrasco worked)

On the opposite side of things... things that bring me joy.

Getting rid of Chris Young before he proved worthless.

Getting rid of Brandon McCarthy before he proved worthless.

Completely fleecing the D-Backs again before Chris Young started to suck and letting them think CQ was expendable.

Heres one for me though:

"Riding the Wave"

"getting it while we can"

"Until this ends"

These are all sentiments that are spoken by players, coaches and the GM of the Sox when talking about us winning. They seem to always point to, well we are just hot, we will cool off again. I HATE that philosophy, it makes players blame their results on something other than themselves and is a losing mentality IMO. I personally think the best teams in the league go out and expect to beat the other team regardless of being hot or cold.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 04:19 PM)
People who cross in front of you during a pitch or play.

Ugh...even in B'ham that's infuriating. Not only that, but when they just stand up in front of you.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 04:22 PM)
Ugh...even in B'ham that's infuriating. Not only that, but when they just stand up in front of you.

Add: Waving, while on the phone, trying to show someone across the ballpark where they are sitting. Happened to me at the last game. Jackassery.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 04:26 PM)
Add: Waving, while on the phone, trying to show someone across the ballpark where they are sitting. Happened to me at the last game. Jackassery.

It may be an asshole thing to do, but I yell at those people, its not really that difficult to wait between batters. There are still parks around the country that make you wait, but they are rare. They do it at hockey games, why not still at baseball games?

The decision to start Erstad over Anderson when Anderson clearly won the job in ST based on performance, then not immediately optioning Anderson to AAA to work on muscle memory, since they evidently didn't feel like he was ready (granted, Anderson was kind of a pouty b**** then, whereas he is not now). Made it look like they didn't know what the f*** they were doing - looked even worse when Erstad predictably got hurt. Then they couldn't even call Anderson back up, because he hurt his wrist in AAA.

Ozzie arbitrarily platooning young players when they don't need it and/or it's actually detrimental. Conversely, Ozzie's treatment of pitchers is the exact opposite, which is awesome. Pick a young pitcher, tell him he's a starter, and let him pitch until he proves without a doubt that he can't.

Ozzie overplaying the R-L-R matchups in the bullpen (he hasn't done this recently, I guess because we have real, competent, consistent pitchers in the bullpen).

DeWayne Wise being a regular player. I actually liked him when he was called up but seeing him out there all the time really burns my ass, so it's really hard at times for me to keep liking him when he goes out and predictably fails when he gets exposed vs. MLB pitching. I have to keep reminding myself it's not his fault.

That is horrible behavior. Clowns on the f***ing phone.

It amazes me at minor league games how many people have their backs to the action while they visit in a picnic-like setting. Somebody's gonna get killed by a foul ball to the back of the head.

Can you imagine the good ol days when nobody had a f***ing cellphone? Yes people survived w/out them.

Yes they are nice to have when you lose your friend in a crowd or need to call some chick late at night while you are at the bars or whatever. But cellphones in the big scheme of things, suck, especially in the hands of anybody at a ballgame.