Sox versus Yankees July 30, 2009 game thread

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 05:28 PM)
Just kill me. He’s one of the most pompous, arrogant broadcasters in the game.

Is he the "An Aaaaa-bomb, from Aaaaa-Rod" douche, or am I confusing him with one of their other crappy broadcasters?

It's amazing that the wealthiest, winningest, and most-storied franchise in MLB has such crap in the booth.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 07:14 PM)

Haha at Comcast Sports Net finding probably one of a handful of games Stone broadcasted prior to this year as their "White Sox Classic." I'm sure they'd be better off, I don't know, putting Buehrle's first no-hitter, or any other game where we came back from more than 1 run late against a bad bullpen.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (WCSox @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 08:32 PM)
Is he the "An Aaaaa-bomb, from Aaaaa-Rod" douche, or am I confusing him with one of their other crappy broadcasters?

It's amazing that the wealthiest, winningest, and most-storied franchise in MLB has such crap in the booth.

Nah, that's Jon Sterling the Radio Guy for the Yankees. Michael Key considers himself to be the man who make the calls on who is a "True Yankee" and who is not.

QUOTE (WCSox @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 07:32 PM)

I like the "see-ya" guy.

Their radio broadcaster is hilarious too. He's the one who goes, "THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YANKEES WIN"

QUOTE (MattZakrowski @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 07:46 PM)
The worst part of MLB 09 the show

What does that and the Yankees announcers have anything to do with each other?

Vasgersian does The Show.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 08:34 PM)
Haha at Comcast Sports Net finding probably one of a handful of games Stone broadcasted prior to this year as their "White Sox Classic." I'm sure they'd be better off, I don't know, putting Buehrle's first no-hitter, or any other game where we came back from more than 1 run late against a bad bullpen.

Really they're showing that game?! I was at this game but had to leave after the 8th because I was there with some family that had to work the next day. The game was still going by the time we got back to my Grandparents in Wheeling and I got to watch the finish on TV. One of the highlights of the 07 season for me along with Mark's no no, Bobby's streak and Thome's 500th.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 07:52 PM)
What does that and the Yankees announcers have anything to do with each other?

Vasgersian does The Show.

The show has those clips of big plays/games that run as music. The Yankees have one of those....all of them aren't really that good.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 07:57 PM)
MLB Network has the Sox game on tonight. Costas is calling it. Kotsay leading off in CF. He is the second coming of Darin Erstad.

My sister met Costas in the airport in New York as they were taking the same flight into Chicago on Tuesday.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 07:59 PM)
My sister met Costas in the airport in New York as they were taking the same flight into Chicago on Tuesday.

Is she at least 5'2"? If so, she probably was looking down on him. Anyone remember when Bob Costas was an announcer for one season for the Bulls back when they had Ricky Sobers?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 08:05 PM)
Watching this replay with Contreras on the mound, the one thing he did differently when he came back from AAA than what he is doing now and in this 2007 game was work quickly.

uribe hit a walk off...how was that a "classic"? was that game important or something?

QUOTE (onedude @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 07:56 PM)
The show has those clips of big plays/games that run as music. The Yankees have one of those....all of them aren't really that good.

That was in 08 The Show.