Is Frank Thomas HOF Worthy?

Marky Mark

Presupposing that his playing days are over, where does Big Frank stand in terms of Hall of the Fame?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Does Frank Thomas Deserve to be in the Hall of Fame?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Will Frank Thomas Be In the Hall of Fame?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Markbilliards @ Nov 24, 2009 -> 09:56 AM)
This is a tough one because they're were a lot of good offensive players in his day that will be competing against him for the Hall. Answer this with your head, not your heart.

This one is easy. Yes and yes. Just look at his numbers. And he was CLEAN. Imagine how his numbers would have looked had MLB done something about steroids before it got out of control?

Edited by Chet Kincaid

I can't imagine any argument otherwise. People were talking about Jim Rice being a feared hitter, but Big Frank was, even relative to his period, a far more feared and revered hitter. One of the best in recent decades, if not the best, overall hitter. I'm 80 delta he goes first ballot, but it depends on who else is in his class. Either way, he gets in, zero doubt.

Yes, there is really no doubt about it. Thomas had 8 consecutive seasons with at least 20+ home runs, 100 rbi's, 100 runs scored, and 100 walks. In 7 consecutive years, he hit .300+ with 20+ home runs and at least 100 rbi's, 100 runs scored, and 100 walks... which in a majors league record. Ted williams did that feat 6 seasons in row. Thomas will get in rather easily.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 24, 2009 -> 10:15 AM)
I think it was that rangercal character.

I might be the least Frank Thomas fan on this board and even I can recognize and give credit for the man's career. There is no reason he shouldn't get 75% of the HOF vote the first time he is on the ballot, let alone once in a 15 year span.

QUOTE (Markbilliards @ Nov 24, 2009 -> 10:56 AM)
This is a tough one because they're were a lot of good offensive players in his day that will be competing against him for the Hall. Answer this with your head, not your heart.

Nothing tough about this one at all. Two time MVPs with 500+ home runs and a career .300 batting average go right on into the HOF. No questions asked.

You're right, this isn't really that close. Originally when I made this thread I had thought there was a lot more close competition with him since the PED era, but after looking at his numbers compared to everyone else's, its not even really debatable despite the fact he's a DH.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Nov 24, 2009 -> 10:44 AM)
I think we should sign the Big Hurt for 2010

I would not have been opposed to signing him just for September of last year, when the team gave up the ghost, so Frank could hit a couple more bombs and retire. If he could pass the physical. But you aren't serious about your post for 2010, are you?