2010 Fall TV Thread

Steve9347

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 8, 2010 -> 09:22 AM)
I get the same feeling as when I started noticing The Simpsons going downhill. I can still watch the episodes, but I'm only laughing once or twice each time.

I don't know what it is exactly. Maybe I'm just tired of the same old formula.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 8, 2010 -> 09:24 AM)
I don't know what it is exactly. Maybe I'm just tired of the same old formula.

That could be it. The show was at its best when Charlie was the only major idiot (with Mac being thrown in there once in a while). Now it's just like watching 5 Charlies.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 8, 2010 -> 09:26 AM)
That could be it. The show was at its best when Charlie was the only major idiot (with Mac being thrown in there once in a while). Now it's just like watching 5 Charlies.

Yeah that's true. They really all have evolved to be 5 Charlies.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Oct 8, 2010 -> 09:30 AM)
I thought last week was amazing, but the other three episodes this season have been sub-par

Same way I feel. The boat episode was really good, but the rest have sucked. I'm used to them starting off slowly, but then they come on strong. So I was expecting this last episode to continue the trend of getting better, while it was again bad.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 9, 2010 -> 12:24 PM)
FX has got to be the best overall station at this point.

AMC says hi, especially once Walking Dead starts up.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (Felix @ Oct 9, 2010 -> 12:56 PM)
AMC says hi, especially once Walking Dead starts up.

I gave Rubicon 5 episodes and I just couldn't get into it. I will give Walking Dead a shot. I like the 4 minute preview. The opposite of True Blood's feel.

FX pretty much can't make a bad show. I can't remember a show on that station that has not been successful except for Dirt (and I'm talking since The Shield became popular). Although a lot of their shows lose steam (i.e. Nip Tuck, Rescue Me) they all seem to have at least 3 or 4 good season.

And I am excited for season 2 of Justified as well. I was getting bored with it in the middle for a little bit, but it really picked up the last few episodes. I'm glad I stuck with it. I haven't caught Terriers yet just because there is too much s*** on tv right now and I don't have time to watch it all right now. Hell, this fall I watch on Sunday what I used to watch in an entire week.