2010 Fall TV Thread

Steve9347

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 28, 2010 -> 10:31 PM)
I am on record as saying that Britney Spears is a guilty pleasure of mine, /hands in one man card, so I DVR'd GLEE and gave it a shot. I just don't get the show. Kudos to people who like it, but not for me at all.

The plot and "drama" is completely insipid and ridiculous. If they want to do a show about singing, don't waste time with meaningless and stupid attempts at drama.

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Sep 29, 2010 -> 12:57 PM)
I didn't think last night's episode was all that great. They didn't really "do" all that much. The only action that happened was from them getting the medication.

My favorite line was Tig saying that Gemma could go redhead and her getting pissed at him. :lolhitting

moms-PegBundy.gif

Ha! That didn't even occur to me.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 29, 2010 -> 08:58 AM)
It saddens me to say this, as "Running Wilde" was the show I most looked forward to in the new season, but it might be one of the worst shows ever put together. It is just not funny.

Damn.

"Come on!"

"Stop saying that."

I thought the second episode showed some promise. It's not great but it's certainly not one of the worst shows ever put together.

QUOTE (The Bones @ Sep 29, 2010 -> 08:35 PM)
"Come on!"

"Stop saying that."

I thought the second episode showed some promise. It's not great but it's certainly not one of the worst shows ever put together.

I don't the girl as a narrator but it's an okay show. Had a few laughs but it's just not AD which really is what I think of when I see will arnett.

Some great stuff in The League last night

The whole convo about labels placed on athletes based on race

Pete on dating Kevin's ex: basically, I treat it like a public bathroom. I know other people have been in there. But I like to pretend I’m the first.

Kevin's ex & Pete's current gf - I remember in high school, he had like a really pretty cock and cute balls. It was like a really elegant package.

Pete - I’m losing my mojo and it is all about Kevin’s pretty little cock

so you’re saying Kevin’s beautiful cock is tearing you up inside?, (pause) yes.

the one thing you can’t fix, ugly penis.

You, white knuckler, get in there. Put pressure on his penis

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Oct 1, 2010 -> 05:06 AM)
Yup, a bit dissapointed with Gemma getting all this plot in SOA, what is she banging the producer or what!

What is funny is at work I read Entertainment Weekly when I am on the can and the article about the SOA talked about how Gemma got the job. I get the feeling this show may not last long with the way it is going. I am not interested in the dramatic stylings of outlaws....I watch Desperete Housewives for this.

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Oct 1, 2010 -> 09:18 AM)
Some great stuff in The League last night

The whole convo about labels placed on athletes based on race

Pete on dating Kevin's ex: basically, I treat it like a public bathroom. I know other people have been in there. But I like to pretend I’m the first.

Kevin's ex & Pete's current gf - I remember in high school, he had like a really pretty cock and cute balls. It was like a really elegant package.

Pete - I’m losing my mojo and it is all about Kevin’s pretty little cock

so you’re saying Kevin’s beautiful cock is tearing you up inside?, (pause) yes.

the one thing you can’t fix, ugly penis.

You, white knuckler, get in there. Put pressure on his penis

I don't like the idea of a new NFL player on the show each week.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Oct 1, 2010 -> 09:19 AM)
What is funny is at work I read Entertainment Weekly when I am on the can and the article about the SOA talked about how Gemma got the job. I get the feeling this show may not last long with the way it is going. I am not interested in the dramatic stylings of outlaws....I watch Desperete Housewives for this.

People do this every year. First episode or two: That was awesome, there was so much action! I didn't see that coming! This is the best show ever! Middle 6 or 7 episodes: This is too much drama. I want more action. Who cares how the main characters feel? Most of this is boring. Final 3-5 episodes of the season: Wow! That was crazy! I can't believe they just did that?! What's going to happen next?! This is so intense! Final 20 mins of last episode: What a twist! I can't believe they ended it like that. I can't wait to see what happens next season.

Most good shows do this. Get used to it. They have to provide background information for future twists, and make viewers care about the characters (or at least get to know them personally) so people will actually care what happens to them. If it was all gunfights and crime people wouldn't get invested into the show. Who would have cared if Jaxx's baby got stolen if they didn't go into his family life last year?

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Oct 1, 2010 -> 02:31 PM)
People do this every year. First episode or two: That was awesome, there was so much action! I didn't see that coming! This is the best show ever! Middle 6 or 7 episodes: This is too much drama. I want more action. Who cares how the main characters feel? Most of this is boring. Final 3-5 episodes of the season: Wow! That was crazy! I can't believe they just did that?! What's going to happen next?! This is so intense! Final 20 mins of last episode: What a twist! I can't believe they ended it like that. I can't wait to see what happens next season.

Most good shows do this. Get used to it. They have to provide background information for future twists, and make viewers care about the characters (or at least get to know them personally) so people will actually care what happens to them. If it was all gunfights and crime people wouldn't get invested into the show. Who would have cared if Jaxx's baby got stolen if they didn't go into his family life last year?

The first show that got me interested in the "boring" parts was The Sopranos. That show was just perfect to me.