Sox vs A's Jackson vs Anderson

WSoxMatt

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Sep 22, 2010 -> 05:20 PM)
He isn't ready OBP wise, but hitting for average, I don't see how he isn't ready.

Has he shown any ability to adapt to people giving him high and tight fastballs? In his first stint that was the weakness that got him exposed; it was a pitch he couldn't lay off of and couldn't get around fast enough on.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 22, 2010 -> 10:23 PM)
That Boffie Bonser. What a guy! Looks like a Dennis Eckersley against us. I ike Morel's glove, but he needs work at the plate still

His balance is really bad at the plate, and he's looked silly against slow and outside pitches.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 22, 2010 -> 04:21 PM)
Ugh, gross. That looked like a lock just a week or so ago. Good luck.

yup, ive pretty much lost hope, this team doesnt even seem like it could beat a AAA team at this point, dont know what the deal is

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Sep 22, 2010 -> 09:34 PM)
http://blogs.suntimes.com/whitesox/2010/09...o_walk_awa.html

Paulie hints here that he wants to play about 3 more years. READ he wants a 3 year deal to finish white the White Sox.

Sign him with a 4th and 5th option year just in case he wants to stay longer

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Sep 22, 2010 -> 05:34 PM)
http://blogs.suntimes.com/whitesox/2010/09...o_walk_awa.html

Paulie hints here that he wants to play about 3 more years. READ he wants a 3 year deal to finish white the White Sox.

Verducci posted an article earlier where he asked a couple agents to predict where the top FA's contracts would wind up.

9. Konerko, White Sox 1B. Big year at the right time.

Executive: 36 million, 3 years. Agent 1: $36 million, 3 years. Agent 2: $42 million, 3 years. Me: $30 million, 2 years.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 22, 2010 -> 04:35 PM)
Verducci posted an article earlier where he asked a couple agents to predict where the top FA's contracts would wind up.

Oh I really hope they don't resign him to those figures...

To me it seems like he isn't consistent year to year, and he seems to be battling injurys more often then not. Getting older won't help that.

I appreciate what he has done for the sox, but I think paying a player for what he did for the team in the past is a horrible mistake.