Inaugural Soxtalk Winter Meetings & Drinkathon

BigSqwert

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Dec 7, 2010 -> 05:09 PM)
Party cancelled.

On second thought, let me know, I'll bring Ashley, and you two can talk Iowa basketball.

That will be a very short conversation..."Man those Hawkeyes sure stink, but this new fran guy seems to have a nice attitude and bring a fun up-tempo style. I gotta hope he can recruit though because his scheme won't work in the major conference without some talent". At least we beat Northern Iowa, haha.

I think I'd focus on how much better our football team is than yours and even than my argument isn't as strong since my team choked like a ten cent hour on Saturdays.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 7, 2010 -> 09:18 AM)
Hey folks,

Was thinking of organizing a get together for the Soxtalk crew. Keith (lostfan) will be in town in early January so I thought maybe we can get some of the locals together for some drinks. It would be nice to meet some of you clowns and talk sports in person.

Anyone else interested in making this work?

We'd need to pick a bar. Something centrally located. No cover and preferably one that has cheap drinks and lots of TVs for sports.

The dates that work best are 01/05 through 01/07.

Heads, you'll need to keep your penis in your pants.

Hey Marko, maybe we can do that video chat thing with our HTC Evo's since I'm out of town and I'm not an alcoholic like the rest of you.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Dec 8, 2010 -> 09:48 PM)
Hey Marko, maybe we can do that video chat thing with our HTC Evo's since I'm out of town and I'm not an alcoholic like the rest of you.

Haha. I'll connect with you via Qik or Fring and connect my phone into a large TV. You'll feel like you're right there.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 10, 2010 -> 11:36 AM)
Dammit. May have to change the venue. Looks like this place is a concert venue on the weekends. Gah!

Anyone object to Small Bar on Division instead?

I kinda do. I know for me, it's an absolute b**** getting to the blue line out there. I'd still prefer closer to Redline. I am not the biggest bar goer, so I don't know all of them, but there is a good selection on Clark or in Lincoln Park close to the Redline. South Loop works too...

This is a Small Bar on Fullerton, too. That might satisfy the Small Bar place + close to the Redline. Are they basically the same? Or does each location have a different vibe?

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Dec 10, 2010 -> 11:57 AM)
I kinda do. I know for me, it's an absolute b**** getting to the blue line out there. I'd still prefer closer to Redline. I am not the biggest bar goer, so I don't know all of them, but there is a good selection on Clark or in Lincoln Park close to the Redline. South Loop works too...

This is a Small Bar on Fullerton, too. That might satisfy the Small Bar place + close to the Redline. Are they basically the same? Or does each location have a different vibe?

I'm not stuck on Small Bar so other locations are fine. Something in Lincoln Park could work. I'm just not familiar with a lot of the bars around there.

Ive only met 1 person from this board and it was a random encounter where that person recognized me by my email on an evite.

Id also prefer something that is located off of public transportation (preferably red line, but brown line isnt the worst). The problem with the West Side is unless you live there, you are taking a bus or cab, and getting a cab back home can be tricky.