Reminder: Vote for Paulie

shago

I voted a ton of times for Podsednik and AJ when they were on the final ballots, but I don't think I'll vote even once for Konerko. It's nothing against PK, I just don't give a s*** about this game and whether or not he goes. The whole ASG annoys me, from the voting to every team needing a representative to the fact that it weighs into the World Series for some stupid reason. I don't think I've even watched the last two games or any of the ASB festivities.

And seriously, if I were Konerko, I'd rather just go home for those three days instead of having to take part in such a farcical game.

Sorry to take away from the point of the thread, I think I just needed to vocalize (so to speak) my reasoning for not caring.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 03:12 PM)
I voted a ton of times for Podsednik and AJ when they were on the final ballots, but I don't think I'll vote even once for Konerko. It's nothing against PK, I just don't give a s*** about this game and whether or not he goes. The whole ASG annoys me, from the voting to every team needing a representative to the fact that it weighs into the World Series for some stupid reason. I don't think I've even watched the last two games or any of the ASB festivities.

And seriously, if I were Konerko, I'd rather just go home for those three days instead of having to take part in such a farcical game.

Sorry to take away from the point of the thread, I think I just needed to vocalize (so to speak) my reasoning for not caring.

Great minds think alike.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 03:12 PM)

Good luck getting an invite to the 16,000 sq ft. house

QUOTE (Uman85 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 12:41 AM)
I've voted over 100 times on MLB.com and now have been voting a ton via text and will continue to do so. Paulie is way more deserving than many of the current "All-Stars".

I hope that isn't f***ing hyperbole.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 01:42 AM)
I hope that isn't f***ing hyperbole.

I'm saying a lot of the guys on the squad aren't more deserving than Paulie. He shouldn't have to be on the Final Vote ballot to get in. He's having a great year.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 01:48 AM)
Like Tim Cowlishaw said today on Around the Horn. Konerko isn't an all-star candidate, he is an MVP candidate.

Absolutely.

QUOTE (Uman85 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 12:45 AM)
I'm saying a lot of the guys on the squad aren't more deserving than Paulie. He shouldn't have to be on the Final Vote ballot to get in. He's having a great year.

I agree, but if you haven't voted over 100 times, that could be considered hyperbole and that s*** is not tolerated here.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 01:58 AM)
I agree, but if you haven't voted over 100 times, that could be considered hyperbole and that s*** is not tolerated here.

Lol I've voted probably over 250 times now. Still going.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 01:10 PM)
I just had a small plane go over me pulling a banner saying "Vote For Paul Konerko." Are fans behind this? Maybe the one or more of the players? Pretty cool anyway.

That's awesome. Where was this?

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 05:10 PM)
I just had a small plane go over me pulling a banner saying "Vote For Paul Konerko." Are fans behind this? Maybe the one or more of the players? Pretty cool anyway.

That's fantastic!