2012-2013 NFL Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peyton Manning Peyton Manning Peyton Manning Peyton Manning Peyton Manning Peyton Manning Peyton Manning Peyton Manning Peyton Manning Peyton Manning Peyton Manning Peyton Manning Peyton Manning Alex Smith Peyton Manning Peyton Manning Peyton Manning Peyton Manning Peyton Manning Peyton Manning Peyton Manning Peyton Manning Peyton Manning Peyton Manning Peyton Manning Peyton Manning Peyton Manning Peyton Manning Peyton Manning Peyton Manning Peyton Manning Peyton Manning Peyton Manning Peyton Manning Peyton Manning

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 7, 2012 -> 11:58 AM)
I would be willing to give up the 2nd round pick but not the 1st.

Yeah, the 1st is just way too important. I think a return of the two 2nd rounders they gave up for Marshall and a Johnny Knox, if healthy, would be fair. However, the Dolphins probably think they can compete soon, and they need to, so I'm sure it's not a match.

Just get Jay a legitimate threat, PLEASE.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 7, 2012 -> 12:01 PM)
Yeah, the 1st is just way too important. I think a return of the two 2nd rounders they gave up for Marshall and a Johnny Knox, if healthy, would be fair. However, the Dolphins probably think they can compete soon, and they need to, so I'm sure it's not a match.

uhhh we signed BENNETT. That's all you need baby

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 7, 2012 -> 01:01 PM)

What would you use the 1st to draft?

I think a 1st for Marshall would be a great trade. If you think WR with the 1st pick, you're making that pick hoping he becomes as good as Marshall, trading the 1st for Marshall guarantees you get a solid WR with the pick.

The argument I could see is that he's getting older, and drafting a WR straight out of college gives you a "fresher" WR.

Of course if the Dolphins do the trade for 2 2nd's I'd rather the Bears give that up, but I wouldn't be upset if they gave up the 1st.

Zach Zaidman believes Bates will not be a "passing game coordinator" as was originally the plan for the QB coach. He may draw up some plays, but Tice will call all plays.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

Why do people think that Marshall is available for trade?

Today Marshall was quoted that the Dolphins should trade for Cutler...

“Maybe down the road, we may have some extra picks, and we may be able to trade for him,” Marshall said. “But we have a quarterback in place in Matt Moore. He did an amazing job [in the] second half of the season, and where we go from there we’ll see. But Jay is a special talent, and he’s a great friend.”

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Feb 7, 2012 -> 01:40 PM)
Why do people think that Marshall is available for trade?

Today Marshall was quoted that the Dolphins should trade for Cutler...

“Maybe down the road, we may have some extra picks, and we may be able to trade for him,” Marshall said. “But we have a quarterback in place in Matt Moore. He did an amazing job [in the] second half of the season, and where we go from there we’ll see. But Jay is a special talent, and he’s a great friend.”

Neither is likely to happen but of the two Marshall is easier much more likely to be traded. Cutler is in Chicago for the next few years unless we fire Lovie Smith and hire Josh McDaniels.

QUOTE (HeGone33 @ Feb 7, 2012 -> 02:19 PM)
Isn't Miami going to go hard after Peyton? I heard there will be a war between them and Washington......

I would imagine he would go to a place where he felt he could win a SB in a few years, it will be interesting to see where he ends up....

I think Miami, Wash, SF, Arizona, and Jets will go after him.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000