The Miami Marlins thread

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 1, 2012 -> 02:23 PM)
As long as he acts professional, sucks up to Loria and his minions and never cusses, he should be fine. It's pretty darn obvious Ozzie did not like talking to Loria and after the dressing down to the media, bye bye Ozzie. I wonder if Ozzie will go manage in Japan. It's going to be tough for him to get a managerial job again after being Loria-ized. Or will Ozzie agree to be a bench coach somewhere?

That Girardi guy did pretty well,, as did Freddi Gonzalez.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 1, 2012 -> 02:23 PM)
As long as he acts professional, sucks up to Loria and his minions and never cusses, he should be fine. It's pretty darn obvious Ozzie did not play the game and bother sucking up to Loria and after the dressing down to the media, bye bye Ozzie. I wonder if Ozzie will go manage in Japan. It's going to be tough for him to get a managerial job again after being Loria-ized. Or will Ozzie agree to be a bench coach somewhere?

Or if he just has a winning season he'll stay.

Ozzie won't be in the MLB for 3 years. It nullifies his contract and $7.5M. He doesn't love the game enough for that.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Nov 1, 2012 -> 07:30 PM)
Or if he just has a winning season he'll stay.

Ozzie won't be in the MLB for 3 years. It nullifies his contract and $7.5M. He doesn't love the game enough for that.

Wow. Ozzie will be forgotten in 3 years. He better get a good hobby going. Maybe he can be paid in cash and just count the bills for the next 3 years. He probably needs English lessons to get a job announcing. No work for Oz. He should open a bar and grill downtown.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 1, 2012 -> 02:34 PM)
Wow. Ozzie will be forgotten in 3 years. He better get a good hobby going. Maybe he can be paid in cash and just count the bills for the next 3 years. He probably needs English lessons to get a job announcing. No work for Oz. He should open a bar and grill downtown.

Ozzie opening a bar is your first idea for him that I like.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 1, 2012 -> 02:28 PM)
Good point. That gives me hope a team like the Royals might wise up and give Ozzie a chance. IMO he would do wonders with young players.

What exactly from Ozzie's past makes you think that he would be good with young players? Other than maybe Dusty Baker, I couldn't imagine a worse manager to hire for a young team.

Good point. That gives me hope a team like the Royals might wise up and give Ozzie a chance. IMO he would do wonders with young players.

Why do you keep saying that? Young players need someone who leads and does so by example. Ozzie does neither. He's a terrible fit for a team full of young players. The guy can't even handle his own children.

Ozzie's never been good for young players. Remember Sean Tracey? His handling of Viciedo? Beckham?

Edited by chw42