Next Home Game

SouthSidePride05

The next home game, which is this coming Monday (July 23), could easily sell out or come very close to selling out. It's half-price night, so if you don't have your tix yet, go get em and let's sell this thing out!

Here's a screen capture of the interactive seat map for Monday night's game. Unfortunately I don't think I can show the whole stadium at once. Just a few singles scattered around in the lower deck, and only a few rows of seats remaining in most sections of the upper deck. I haven't counted the available seats (I don't have that much time on my hands), but it looks like only a few thousand seats remain. One caveat: once those upper deck seats are gone, perhaps they'll release the seats above them. In other words, even though they say "unavailable", maybe they just haven't been released yet. Hopefully that's not the case though, and it's indeed close to selling out. A sellout could give Kenny a little extra incentive to make another impressive move..

InteractiveSeatMapJPG.JPG

QUOTE (SouthSidePride05 @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 02:00 PM)
A sellout could give Kenny a little extra incentive to make another impressive move..

A sellout should give the Sox more incentive to have more half-price nights.

Fans are speaking.

The Royals had a huge crowd for dollar hot dog and drinks/fireworks night, bad crowds for all other games.

Sox half price night ... sold out? Cmon baseball, make it affordable.

I was talking to a huge Sox fan buddy of mine in Chicago. He said he simply won't pay the 24 buck parking or whatever it is. Will only go to games if he can get around that, etc. And he makes a good wage.

It would be very simple to give something back with your parking stub.

Like you could use use it for a free Coke and hot dog and/or a discounted beer and hot dog.

Something to make you feel you're getting something back of value, like a cover charge with free drink/s attached. Then you don't feel like you're getting ripped off as much psychologically. And you feel better about supporting your team.

the seat map "opens" more seats as certain rows get sold. so 506 row 21 wont be up for sale online until they sell more of the lower rows. that way they still have spots for groups.

the seat map is a strange beast. sec 108 has several rows with singletons scattered about for almost any game, but on game time, those rows are almost empty.

also, dont forget season ticket and group tickets get released back closer to the game. so sec 139 may be "sold out" for a game in september if you tried to buy today, but by the time the game comes around, that section will have open seats.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 07:11 PM)

Like you could use use it for a free Coke and hot dog and/or a discounted beer and hot dog.

Something to make you feel you're getting something back of value, like a cover charge with free drink/s attached. Then you don't feel like you're getting ripped off as much psychologically. And you feel better about supporting your team.

That's a good simple suggestion that should be implemented. At least give people a free hot dog and small beverage with your parking receipt.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 01:51 PM)
A sellout should give the Sox more incentive to have more half-price nights.

Fans are speaking.

The Royals had a huge crowd for dollar hot dog and drinks/fireworks night, bad crowds for all other games.

Sox half price night ... sold out? Cmon baseball, make it affordable.

I was talking to a huge Sox fan buddy of mine in Chicago. He said he simply won't pay the 24 buck parking or whatever it is. Will only go to games if he can get around that, etc. And he makes a good wage.

The Wsox have half price day every Monday I think and they used to have dollar dogs on Mon/Tues I think not sure on that. The one thing they do need to do is work on getting the parking tickets lowered they are ridiculously high.

QUOTE (ewokpelts @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 03:38 PM)
the seat map "opens" more seats as certain rows get sold. so 506 row 21 wont be up for sale online until they sell more of the lower rows. that way they still have spots for groups.

the seat map is a strange beast. sec 108 has several rows with singletons scattered about for almost any game, but on game time, those rows are almost empty.

also, dont forget season ticket and group tickets get released back closer to the game. so sec 139 may be "sold out" for a game in september if you tried to buy today, but by the time the game comes around, that section will have open seats.

I was afraid that was how it works. I would think it would be more advantageous for them to release all the seats at once and display all the available seats on the map as opposed to holding certain rows. Just out of curiosity though, I'll be checking the map periodically as the game gets closer so I can see those upper rows become available. Hopefully they become available soon and then get sold.

QUOTE (SouthSidePride05 @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 10:35 AM)
I was afraid that was how it works. I would think it would be more advantageous for them to release all the seats at once and display all the available seats on the map as opposed to holding certain rows. Just out of curiosity though, I'll be checking the map periodically as the game gets closer so I can see those upper rows become available. Hopefully they become available soon and then get sold.
i think they dont want to show that "good seats remain".

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 02:11 PM)

Sure $25 is expensive to park, but you can talegate in the lot. A few beers (a designated driver) and it's worth it.

I'm thinking of going to tonight's game by taking the Rock Island Line to the 35th street stop, but I heard they were supposed to be doing work on the train tracks and the stop is supposed to be closed until construction is completed. Does anyone know if it's going on now? Will I be able to ake the train to the 35th street stop?

Also, I'm gonna try and buy a last-minute ticket from the box office (or a scalper) and I'm hoping that by the tim I get there the upper deck seats will be sold out or close to sold out and they'd sell the remaining lower deck seats for half price. Would this be the case? Would I have a good chance of getting a lower deck seat at half price if I went to the box office just before game time?

Not sure if there is a better thread to ask this question or not but. I will be attending the game Tuesday, I live in Indy and have never been to a game. What are some of the best bars to visit even if we need to drive from them to the stadium. Also where should we park? We dont mind walking a little ways if its cheaper elsewhere.

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 12:37 PM)
I'm thinking of going to tonight's game by taking the Rock Island Line to the 35th street stop, but I heard they were supposed to be doing work on the train tracks and the stop is supposed to be closed until construction is completed. Does anyone know if it's going on now? Will I be able to ake the train to the 35th street stop?

Also, I'm gonna try and buy a last-minute ticket from the box office (or a scalper) and I'm hoping that by the tim I get there the upper deck seats will be sold out or close to sold out and they'd sell the remaining lower deck seats for half price. Would this be the case? Would I have a good chance of getting a lower deck seat at half price if I went to the box office just before game time?

I'm pretty sure that Red Line construction is NEXT year, not this year.

today is 1/2 price monday. ALL non-premium seats are 1/2 off.

Go to the box. And yes, you will be able to prolly sit anywhere you want tonight.

First sellout of the season.

White Sox finally passed the Royals to reach 24th in the majors. However, to eclipse the magic 2,000,000 mark, we would need to average 26,470 for the rest of the season, with 32 home games remaining in August/September.

Hopefully we can draw really well for the Angels series next weekend. That will be a huge one for the Sox.

FWIW, the Padres of all teams are 23rd in attendance, averaging 25,825. The Sox average is still only 23,403.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 04:17 AM)

First sellout of the season.

White Sox finally passed the Royals to reach 24th in the majors. However, to eclipse the magic 2,000,000 mark, we would need to average 26,470 for the rest of the season, with 32 home games remaining in August/September.

Hopefully we can draw really well for the Angels series next weekend. That will be a huge one for the Sox.

FWIW, the Padres of all teams are 23rd in attendance, averaging 25,825. The Sox average is still only 23,403.

padres have 51 home games already played. sox have 47.

QUOTE (ewokpelts @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 07:54 AM)
padres have 51 home games already played. sox have 47.

Yes, but that doesn't have much to do with the average...well, the difference between 4 games played for a mean over that many is not statistically significant.

They're about 300,000 ahead of us, 175,000 if you adjust.

It's a lot to make up considering Sox attendance typically nosedives in August and September. 1/2 price nights are one thing, we'll see Tuesday and Wednesday if they come close to 30,000 and 25,000.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 05:33 AM)
2nd - Opening Day

Yeah, it was 38,676. For some reason, I thought a few people said it hadn't sold out.

Must have been confusing it with all the Cubs' games. I know none of those came close.

I wouldn't be surprised if we had more Tigers' fans for our last home match-up than we had Cubs' fans this year. They've been travelling very well all across the country this year.