Banning Father Daughter dances in school

greg775

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Sep 25, 2012 -> 01:16 AM)
Wait, what happened? This started as school dance and has turned into PB&J vs. the State.

SOLUTION: REPLACE PB&J WITH MARSHMALLOW FLUFF & JELLY. EVERYONE WINS! KIDS GET SWEETS, ADULTS ARE MORE LIKED, DENTISTS GET MORE APPOINTMENTS!

PB and marshmallow fluff is really good. Never made it with jelly though.

• 5 years later...
QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 20, 2012 -> 06:10 PM)
"I really hate political correctness" generally translates to "I really wish there weren't such consequences for being an unapologetic asshole."

I think I'd respect people's complaints about it more if they just said that instead.

flashback to some 2012 wisdom

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Sep 20, 2012 -> 08:58 AM)
Here's an article Greg. It's in Rhode Island.

The article is extremely biased, but I kind of see both sides of the coin.

On one hand, it is a nice thing to do, but I honestly don't remember the last father-daughter dance I've seen/heard of. Maybe because I went to a school district where lots of kids didn't have both parents, so something like this would have been seen as extremely exclusionary.

I do think this is over the top though. If a school wants to have such a dance, let it happen, but let the girls know they can have someone else take them.

Now, to your post, slow down my friend. Political correctness isn't exactly an evil thing, society is getting ruined by a hundred and one things before political correctness. You have to remember why it's there; not everyone is a white, Anglo-Saxon, protestant male. There is a lot of discrimination out there still and political correctness is all that stops some people from trying to offend everyone.

And don't be stupid, they wouldn't get rid of sports. The ACLU would have a snowballs chance in hell of doing that.

But yeah...I honestly thought we already moved past father-daughter dances in society. Didn't know they were still around.

Note the difference in tone five years ago. This was a very polite post from somebody disagreeing with Greg. In five years we've gone to a more extreme tone in our responses many times.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Feb 9, 2018 -> 04:23 AM)
And why do you believe that’s the case?

I dunno. I always try to be respectful. My viciousness is in my takes sometimes but not directed at anybody on soxtalk proper.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Feb 8, 2018 -> 10:48 PM)
I dunno. I always try to be respectful. My viciousness is in my takes sometimes but not directed at anybody on soxtalk proper.

Because five years later, you still ignore people's arguments?

QUOTE (raBBit @ Feb 10, 2018 -> 04:20 PM)
Do you think less of people who ignore others' arguments?

We should do a poll of who wants greg to voluntarily leave Soxtalk and who wants him to stay. I still say I have a silent majority that would vote for Greg to stay.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Feb 10, 2018 -> 11:58 PM)
We should do a poll of who wants greg to voluntarily leave Soxtalk and who wants him to stay. I still say I have a silent majority that would vote for Greg to stay.

Since you brought it up, (I wouldn’t have otherwise) the messages that I’ve received as a mod and admin is exactly the opposite. The lesson here soxtalkers is we do accept contrarians who follow the rules. I’m probably your biggest defender and honestly I believe you are a class A troll based on some of your work away from Soxtalk. At your best you create and propel meaningful discussions on important topics, at your worse, well Balta may have best summed your *image* here. I’m not going to label anyone based on their online persona on a message board and hope no one would label me without meeting me.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Feb 10, 2018 -> 10:58 PM)

Well, if they are indeed "silent," your stay here is ova.

I'd probably vote for you to stay, though.

Of course, there's alway a chance I'd just write in Jesse Ventura or Ozzie Guillen.

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Feb 11, 2018 -> 03:59 PM)
Well, if they are indeed "silent," your stay here is ova.

I'd probably vote for you to stay, though.

Of course, there's alway a chance I'd just write in Jesse Ventura or Ozzie Guillen.

That's a funny post IMO. I did not know I was this despised. I will try to post less. I've taken a pass on responding to some posts of late. Maybe I can keep it up. I still say I'm one of the most diehard fans on the site regarding the White Sox. I am a true Sox fan to the nth degree. I love the White Sox. But I can't make people tolerate me so maybe I can post less and read more.

-- Why do I get the feeling Sox are going to sign Melky this week? I have a sneaky feeling Sox want another veteran on the team. Why I'd think that I have no idea.

Edited by greg775