7/9 Sox vs Kitties

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jul 9, 2013 -> 08:47 PM)
I don't even know what UZR is. I've seen Peralta play defense for years and he sucks.

UZR is an advanced fielding metric compiled by humans using objective measures on film to rate each and every defensive play. UZR suggests (as you might remember) that he was horrible and one of the worst defensive shortstops in baseball during pretty much his entire stint in Cleveland. He became average over the next year or two in Detroit and rates as excellent in the past two seasons and pretty good so far this year.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 10, 2013 -> 02:51 AM)
UZR is an advanced fielding metric compiled by humans using objective measures on film to rate each and every defensive play. UZR suggests (as you might remember) that he was horrible and one of the worst defensive shortstops in baseball during pretty much his entire stint in Cleveland. He became average over the next year or two in Detroit and rates as excellent in the past two seasons and pretty good so far this year.

I didn't know PEDs makes you a better defender?

I saw Verlander go up against Darvish in the beginning of year. His velocity was way down and he was throwing a ton of change ups. It doesn't look like that's changed. I think his arm is ouchie. I wouldn't want him being my number 1 starter in the playoffs.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 9, 2013 -> 08:51 PM)

Who are these people that judge it? Do they know what they're looking at? Do they account for hitting tendencies and situations. I have no doubt Peralta has become a more cerebral defender with experience, but he has garbage tools.