8/3 GT - SOX @ Tigers - 6:08pm CDT - WGN

knightni

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 4, 2013 -> 01:45 AM)
What this organization needs is more talent. Why not root for Hahn to have the best chance possible of acquiring the most talented players available?

Cause I feel we're going to get a great pick whether it's 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.

And I am embarrassed by this piece of s*** team. It's embarrassing to have your team tank like this. The media should be lambasted for not getting an audience with Reinsdorf. I can't believe the owner hasn't called out this pathetic team yet pubicly. The poor fans who bought season tickets.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Aug 4, 2013 -> 01:47 AM)
The Sox need hitters with a good recognition of the strike zone who can take a walk more than they need guys who outwardly express their desire to win.

I like guys who show their desire to win by their actions on the field like Hunter and AJ and Peavy. Peavy was kicking and screaming when Ozzie tried to take him out of a game.

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Aug 3, 2013 -> 08:50 PM)
Yep. Need a Konerko in is prime, an Ordonez in his early years, a 2005 Crede, guys who can drive the ball

Beckham, Ramirez, Gillaspie have a combined 12 HRs.

Conor Gillaspie, also known as Babe Ruth

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 3, 2013 -> 08:24 PM)
Go ahead and mock Hawk's TWTW all you want, but we need some Torii Hunter's on our team. We need some AJP's on our team. Mock away, but we need guys who give a s*** and are gamers.

If you don't believe TWTW is important, I feel YOU ARE WRONG.

I'm hoping Grandy is like Hunter in that he cares. If he's healthy he's a step in the right direction. Sign him as a start this offseason. Sign AJ as well as a part-time catcher/bench coach.

Why didn't the Angels make the playoffs in 2010, 2011, or 2012 with Torii Hunter? Where was the TWTW?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 3, 2013 -> 08:43 PM)
Yay! We get some pitcher as No. 1 draft pick in 2014. Just what we need, another good pitcher.

Word. Who would possibly want another pitcher that could be a top of the rotation candidate to slot right next to Sale? Who would want extra pitching depth that would allow the possibility of trading for position talent to fill the gaping holes in both the minor and major leagues? It's all quite silly if you ask me.

Edited by DirtySox

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 3, 2013 -> 11:19 PM)
Wasn't Luke Hochevar the No. 1 overall pick in MLB draft? Yeah, the draft is an exact science.

I understand your point but I do like to place some trust in our ability to draft a pitcher with a high pick.

The upcoming draft has nothing to do with our rebuilding anyway. Maybe we catch lightning in a bottle like we did with Sale, but the more likely outcome is that this team is rebuilt nd contending long before this pick makes or breaks.

Hahn isn't stupid enough to give a s*** about this draft.

much rather pick 1 or 2 than 14 or 15.

The last time the Sox were able to string together a series of high picks it resulted in McDowell (5), Ventura(10), Frank (7) and Alex Fernandez (4) -- and 3 years later they were in the playoffs. Would have gone back in 1994 if not for the strike.

I'll take my chances with the first or second pick -- and this team is going to deliver.