2014-2015 NCAA football thread

If the Miller transfer rumors are BS, then this is really a dumb decision football wise.

I would've thought Jones had some sort of inclination that Miller was going elsewhere by choosing to stay.

I guess we'll find out soon enough.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jan 15, 2015 -> 06:15 PM)
If the Miller transfer rumors are BS, then this is really a dumb decision football wise.

I would've thought Jones had some sort of inclination that Miller was going elsewhere by choosing to stay.

I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Miller can't throw until late summer early fall if ever.

And the transfer rumors aren't coming from Braxton. They are coming from other schools that assume he will leave. That's why there are 15 schools mentioned.

Edited by RockRaines

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't blame him if he did leave though. Barry Odom was a no-brainer hire, but Kul wants to be a DC and just got passed over after 15 or so years. He'll need to move to get that job. Maybe he just cuts that chord now. Just hurts to see prior to Beckner officially signing on.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 26, 2015 -> 09:17 AM)
I wouldn't blame him if he did leave though. Barry Odom was a no-brainer hire, but Kul wants to be a DC and just got passed over after 15 or so years. He'll need to move to get that job. Maybe he just cuts that chord now. Just hurts to see prior to Beckner officially signing on.

It's weird to me that he would go to a program where he quite possibly, even probably, will get fired in a year's time. I guess it must have been his only co-DC option.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 26, 2015 -> 01:21 PM)
Beckman is apparently telling people he was convinced he was taking the job. How do you get convinced about that unless the guy straight up lies to you?

It's not like this wasn't the 4th or 5th time something like this has happened to him.

QUOTE (gatnom @ Jan 26, 2015 -> 02:30 PM)
It's not like this wasn't the 4th or 5th time something like this has happened to him.

Beckman played again, who wants to come in to be a co D-Coor with IDIOT Banks...............Tim Banks making $400,000 a yr is highway robbery.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Feb 5, 2015 -> 11:11 AM)
Aaron Bailey transferring from Illinois. That sucks, particularly with how fragile Wes Lunt has proven to be so far in his college career.

Had plenty of talent, but if the coaches aren't going to trust you to throw the ball, what can you do?

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Feb 5, 2015 -> 11:11 AM)
Aaron Bailey transferring from Illinois. That sucks, particularly with how fragile Wes Lunt has proven to be so far in his college career.

It's good for Bailey though. Illinois still has to grant the release. NIU wouldn't surprise me. I'll see if I can get any info. I coach in his old HS conference.

QUOTE (gatnom @ Feb 5, 2015 -> 11:18 AM)
Had plenty of talent, but if the coaches aren't going to trust you to throw the ball, what can you do?

Yea it was pretty clear he wouldn't be a QB at Illinois. Wish it worked out better but he was one of those high risk/high reward type guys, and unfortunately the passing just never caught up to his run game.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Feb 5, 2015 -> 11:31 AM)
It's good for Bailey though. Illinois still has to grant the release. NIU wouldn't surprise me. I'll see if I can get any info. I coach in his old HS conference.

NIU would be a good fit, go back to the Lynch style offense and he could do really well.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Feb 5, 2015 -> 11:32 AM)
Yea it was pretty clear he wouldn't be a QB at Illinois. Wish it worked out better but he was one of those high risk/high reward type guys, and unfortunately the passing just never caught up to his run game.

Man, I really wanted that kid as a recruit. I bet YSU gives him a look.