7-19 game thread Sox vs Astros 6:10pm

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jul 19, 2014 -> 07:19 PM)
Hawk Harrelson: "That serves a double-edged purpose there."

Lol I think he's just getting old. All the repetition (the "WELL" and "Meanwhile"), the enormous ego, etc. But it's getting hard to listen to.

That said, it's a difficult job and I would be terrible at it.

QUOTE (1dog @ Jul 19, 2014 -> 07:41 PM)
Lol I think he's just getting old. All the repetition (the "WELL" and "Meanwhile"), the enormous ego, etc. But it's getting hard to listen to.

That said, it's a difficult job and I would be terrible at it.

It's almost like reading a game thread.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Jul 19, 2014 -> 07:43 PM)
Whats so funny? That's 2 games in a row that Tyler has come through with an RBI hit. I'm no fan of Flowers by any means, but I'd love to see his bat come to life in the second half of the season.

So? He's just had a few hits that happened to come with men on base. Including that hit that just happened while I'm typing (lol), he's 24 for his last 160 at-bats. .150/.214/.238.

It's the second season in a row he's hit utterly abysmally and if it wasn't for a BABIP that's up almost 90 points from last year, he'd have been even worse. I'd love to see his bat come to life too but it ain't happening. He's a bad, awful hitter, and we need a new catcher.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 19, 2014 -> 07:02 PM)
The last 12 days of De Aza in a Sox uniform.

Act NOW! And get a free Gordon Beckham along with this set of marvelous steakknives. A $200 value.

NOW how much would you pay? But wait, there's more...