Sox vs Royals

Heads22

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 04:38 AM)
The Royals really want this win. Their best reliever and now their closer on in a 6-run game.

We knew we were in trouble when no Abreu in lineup, Carroll as our starter and the foe was Chen. Basically we were all hoping but we had no chance tonite.

Horrible horrible game. We've lost 11 of 13 to KC in the Cell I think. Disgraceful that a big market team like Chicago can't hold its own vs. KC. Sickens me.

Our AA team could beat Chen, but not the parent club.

Serious question: Would Bruce Chen be in the major leagues the last 3-4 years if not for the Chicago White Sox? I truly wonder.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 09:47 PM)
Horrible horrible game. We've lost 11 of 13 to KC in the Cell I think. Disgraceful that a big market team like Chicago can't hold its own vs. KC. Sickens me. Our AA team could beat Chen, but not the parent club. Serious question: Would Bruce Chen be in the major leagues the last 3-4 years if not for the Chicago White Sox? I truly wonder.

That's all fine and good, but nobody expected the White Sox to make the playoffs this year...whereas many were predicting the Royals for the WC spot, to beat Detroit and a few picked them to get to the World Series.

In the end, if KC loses Butler and Shields (which there's a 98% chance), then they're going to have an impossible time replacing Shields and a very difficult time finding a FA DH...although Butler's been garbage this season, he's still a presence in the line-up.

The only time I was really upset about losing to KC was 2003, 2005, 2008, 2010 and 2012. This year, it's pretty meaningless.

Might as well get upset about that SM East teacher who tried to throw his wife off a cliff after attempting to knock her on the head with a stone for her family's $4 million inheritance.

Edited by caulfield12